mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "plg150an editor"

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 07:59 PM
kindkind
Total Posts:  76
Joined  02-09-2004

i have been searching for the an editor on here but cant find the download.  Anyone know where to get it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 08:07 PM
kindkind
Total Posts:  76
Joined  02-09-2004

i did a net search and found it: http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/plg_series.html

so, its been a while for me here.  Im not sure what version os my motif 6 is running, what is the deal with 1.9?  can anyone fill me in on the changes?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 12:41 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Shown below is the OS Release 1.90 read me (which is include in the OS Update that you can download from yamahasynth.com). (I’d definitely recommend that you udpdate your Motif to the latest OS as there are sometime obscure bug fixes that don’t make the release notes.

MOTIF6/MOTIF7/MOTIF8 V1.90 Updater Read me

Thank you for purchasing the Yamaha MOTIF Series, Music Production Synthesizer.
This Read me file contains important information about the MOTIF6 / MOTIF7 / MOTIF8 V1.90 update and updating process.

Please read this document carefully before proceeding to update your MOTIF synthesizer.

Caution:
This updater is only for the MOTIF synthesizer.
This software update is applied entirely at the user’s own responsibility.
The User Voice and the Performance data are initialized when updating, please back up the data you need before updating.

If, by any chance, an accident should occur during the update process, such as a power failure or a mistake in the update procedure, the unit may not function properly afterwards. If such problems do occur, please retry the updater again from the beginning. Should the unit not function after reapplying the update, please contact the Yamaha service centre in your area.

Yamaha Global Directory
http://www.global.yamaha.com/directory/global.html

What’s new in this Update?
[V1.70 - V1.90]
Corrected an error in the MIDI IN Channel when installing the PLG100-VH.
Corrections made to other minor errors.

[V1.60 - V.1.70]
The setting of the Zone Switch in the Master mode is now effective to the Song/Pattern mode.
It is now possible to load a particular performance from a file saved on “All” in the File mode.
A Program Change select setting has been added to the Convert to song Screen.
SOL and SQ01 have been added to remote-control.
A GM option has been added into the Song/Pattern Mixing Job mode.
Improvements made for compatibility of the PLG150-DR and PLG150-PC.
It is now possible to select the Plug-in Voice by pressing one of NUMBER [1] to [3] buttons when the Plug-in Board is used in the Song/Pattern mode.

[V1.40/V1.50 - V.1.60]
Improvements made to the subordination of Tempo change / Tempo Delay and Tempo LFO.
Improvements made to the Tempo Delay and the Tempo LFO operate when setting to Clock Out = Off.
Improvements made to make the Program Change, Master Volume and GM on receive in the AD Sampling.
Improvements made to the outputting to the USB of merging data from MIDI IN and USB mode to be applicable with SysEx messages.
Improvements made to the processing of an added Plug-in Board to sound at more appropriate timing by the PLG150-DR, PLG150-PC.

[V1.xx - V1.40]
It is now possible to record a SCENE in the Pattern Chain Rec.
Improvements made to keep the influence of polyphony on play-back to a minimum.
Corrected the display of the Clock setting from “000:01:000” to “000:00:000” within the SEQ JOB EVENT 01: Shift Clock screen.
Corrections made to an error which occurred when processing over 100% in the Sample Normalize.
Corrections made to the PLG2USER and PLG3USER which were saved in reverse when receiving User Bank in the Plug-in Voice Bulk.

This update is applicable to the following models:
MOTIF6/MOTIF7/MOTIF8 with firmware versions earlier than 1.90

Confirming the current Firmware version:
Turn on the unit power while pressing the [REC] and [STORE] buttons simultaneously.
The following message will appear:
Current Version Kernel :  1.xx
Firm :  1.xx

The unit version is indicated by “Firm:  1.xx”.
*You can leave this “Version confirmation screen” by turning off the power.

Required Items
1.  8MB-128MB Smart Media card formatted on the MOTIF
2.  Smart Media adapter for copying the updater file from the computer to a Smart Media card.

Updating Procedure:

1. After downloading, copy the uncompressed [0638OS_.PGM] file to a Smart Media card that has been formatted on the MOTIF. No other files should be present on the Smart Media card.

2. Turn off the MOTIF power.

3. Insert the Smart Media card into the MOTIF and turn on the power on the MOTIF while pressing the [REC] and [STORE] buttons.

4. The MOTIF OS updater will start.
The following message should appear:
“Insert card including only one PMG file, and press [ENTER] to load”
Press [ENTER] to continue the update process.

NOTE: It will take approximately 2 minutes for the updater to finish.
DO NOT turn off the MOTIF power during this time.
If, by any chance, an accident should occur during the update process, such as a power failure or a mistake in the update procedure, the unit may not function properly afterwards. Please retry the updater again from the beginning.

The update process is complete once the “Completed. Reboot MOTIF6, 7, 8” message appears. Turn off the MOTIF power and remove the Smart Media card.

5. Turn on the MOTIF power again while pressing the [REC] and [STORE] buttons to confirm the firmware has been successfully updated.

6. Switch off the power, after a few seconds turn the power back on to return the MOTIF to normal mode.

This concludes the update process.

(C) Copyright 2005 YAMAHA CORPORATION
All Rights Reserved

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]