mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance with Arpaggios or Patterns"

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 02:32 AM
MeltDownZ
Total Posts:  34
Joined  07-06-2007

What I like to do (and can easily do with most of my 8 other keyboards) I cannot figure out how to do on the MO6.  I like to have a split keyboard (bass on the bottom, piano on top) and have a shuffle drum rhythem to play to… so far so good.  In performance mode, I set up voice 1 as piano, voice 2 as bass, and voice 3 as the drums and apply the arpaggio to it which works… until I want to turn the drum pattern off and play without it.  As soon as the arpaggio is off the drum notes start sounding along with my piano/bass notes that I am playing.  The only way to deal with it is to turn the volume down of the drum voice but this is so clumsy on stage… turning the arpaggio off and/or using a slider to turn the drums off/on sounds lame because I cannot stop/start the drum pattern cleanly.

Ahhh, do this in a pattern you say?  Well, if I copy my performance to a pattern, yes, I can have clean control of the drums starting/stopping.  However, both the bass and piano are now tied to the 1 slider and I’ve lost the ability to adjust their volumes independently which is a must for dynamic live playing.

So, can any of you Yamaha players please share with me if there is a way to have a split keyboard with adjustable volumes for the voices and be able to turn the drums off/on mid performance with a button?  Odd thing is this can easily be done on the Yamaha MM6 which is half the cost.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 01:40 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

For me, I don’t turn volume of drum voice down or on/off arp. I mute the drum part...then turn it back...but you need to be very good at tempo :-).

My tricks is before turn the drum on, I press the next apr to find out the correct tempo...then turn drum on accordingly.

Hope that helps,
D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
MeltDownZ
Total Posts:  34
Joined  07-06-2007

Thanks for the reply.  Do you mean that you do this in Pattern or Performance mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 01:13 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

In performance mode of course.

[ Ignore ]