mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Standard updates for XS8 and Cubase"

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 01:15 AM
cmorganis
Total Posts:  609
Joined  04-10-2007

Hi everyone,

concerning the number of updates coming out on a monthly basis and the multiple devices Yamaha offers to use i think it would be useful if someone knowledgable or preferably BadMister or Yamaha US could give a simple list of necessary updates and their usage for the average Motif XS user that simply uses a DAW on a PC.

I think along the way somewhere I’ve got lost with all the available updates and somehow got my setup to spit out problems (sound dropouts).

I know myself most updates but I am getting confused with several new ones coming out and losing count on which ones I am already using.

What would the standard updates for a Motif XS8 with Cubase 4 installed be? I could probably name most of them from the top of my head but a specific list with some explanation would help out me and several other users.

So far I’ve got the following updates installed on my Windows XP for my XS8:

Cubase 4.5.2
OS 1.12
Extensions 1.4.1w
IEEE 1394 1.06
XS editor VST 1.2
Studio Manager 2.3
Mlan driver setup 1.4 and Mlan Tools 2.0 version 1.3 (this info from right clicking the Mlan icon on the PC and entering -> driver setup **I believed installing the AI -version have I?)

Have I screwed up somehow? Do i need to install the FW driver? If FW is the new thing why do we need Mtools? Pls help I am lost…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 02:08 AM
Kingfrog
Total Posts:  123
Joined  02-15-2009

Great Idea for us Sonar users as well.
I initially loaded the drivers and used the FW but not having a grasp on signal flow and monitoring using the XS as an audio interface, I quickly became frustrated and abandoned the mLan and went back to the Firebox. I then had boot hangs until I unloaded the MLan drivers in safe mode.

I am ready to give it another go round now that I understand the signal flow but I want to know what I need to use with Sonar. I don’t care for Cubase AI/SE as it pales compared to Sonar 8P. I don’t want to spring for Cubase 5 (unless Yamaha wants to throw me a copy based on being a retail employee,LOL Can’t sell what I cannot support and all that.)

In anycase I did have this working, all of it in Sonar, control surface etc, but I had some feedback issues and monitoring issues due to my lack of understanding. I read the tutorail on the Nlan and Cubase and “get it” now.

I don;t think I can any of the tools software, Studio or the VST3 Editor. There are two FW drivers, I think the AI one is the one to use with only one Yamaha unit. The Tyros3 can be input through the A/D

I like the idea of 16 audio tracks to the DAW......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 02:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

New Software Releases...

About the new Motif XS Editor VST

FYI: If you are using STUDIO MANAGER - the version of the Editor that currently runs within Studio Manager is version 1.1.1

The Motif XS Editor VST (for audio integration) does not run in Studio Manager. It runs as a VSTi within Cubase… is version 1.2.0

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 08:46 AM
cmorganis
Total Posts:  609
Joined  04-10-2007

thanks BM

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sample Loops Import
Next Topic:

XG Drumkit ››