mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Your Products Stink"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
general.lee@comcast.net
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-11-2009

i

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
gustavimprov
Total Posts:  59
Joined  01-16-2009

ok, lemme hep u out bruh’

plug into wall, plug into amp, plug into each other, play

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:16 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

I understand your frustration, I really do. I can’t imagine starting out with a rack product. Figuring out the keyboard version nearly killed me, but at least I could play the presets. You’re probably in no mood for suggestions, but if you’re new to the synth world, start with a keyboard product. They require no computer connection to play and are ready to go at the push of a button.

Trust me on this - they are all a pain to learn, but once you figure one of them out, the others come a little easier.

For what it’s worth.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 09:23 AM
hacksaw15
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-04-2009

Sounds like he’d have a problem with whatever he buys. One of the thing I had to learn is the manual is the most important thing when purchasing any keyboard or module. You hear the exact same thing about all brands. Keyboards are a little easier but as SpongeBob said it will be frustrating also. I find that more people have problems with manuals that don’t. It don’t matter if it a Yamaha, Korg, Roland or any other brand the manuals are equally difficult.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 09:46 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

You’re an only child aren’t you Bob ??

Probably work for your Dad’s company too huh ??

Perhaps if took some time out from polishing your piles with your teeth, you’d be bothered to spend a little time getting to know your products. Presumably you would have asked questions befor you bought any of the kit no ?? or did Daddy buy it ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 09:51 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Bob Lee

WOW.

Speaking about frustration and civilised behaviour.

You are on the top of the list of people who cannot be helped.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 10:38 AM
ikkejick
Total Posts:  63
Joined  03-02-2009

Ey Bob,

-it’s ok if you think this rack you bought stinks. But that’s your opinion,
-your behaviour is unbelievable childish,
-with that kind of attitude not much people will help you to solve your problems (if I was Yamaha-employee I wouldn’t even think of it)
-because I actually am using this kind of ‘stuff’ (and it works for me) I am a “freakin’ loser”, of a “moron”? Try looking at yourself

quoting:
“I don’t have the time or the inclination to put up with even more “technology” after a hard day’s work dealing with Microsoft’s garbage, and I’m certainly not interested in doing so just so I can “enjoy” making music.”

do yourself and me a favour and buy a PSR-E213 or so.

Even better: look what Roland has in store for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

Ive been a motif rack user for the past 5-6 years. I HEAR YA! Eventually I got the hang of them. I recently bought the workstation, and realized there was even MORE to the rack that didnt get into.

ps. I dont think any synths user friendly. Maybe a digital piano might be more efficient for your musical inspiration.

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:03 AM
general.lee@comcast.net
Joined  03-11-2009

i

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:31 AM
general.lee@comcast.net
Joined  03-11-2009

ii

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:32 AM
ikkejick
Total Posts:  63
Joined  03-02-2009

Bob, I understand.

I think a Motif, especially a RACK version, is quite hard to understand. If a salesman told you it would “self configure” and “plug and play”, he is quite wrong. Well yeah, It will boot and ‘work’ indeed, but this is not stuff you’ll understand in a day. I bought the workstation and it’s incredibly hard to understand it. I never read the manual, by the way.

If you wanna make music in a simple way, a tyros 2/3 would be a much better option. I own a tyros 2 also, that’s “plug and play”. The motif (rack) series is not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

When I grew up, if you bought a product that required you to: order manuals, read the manuals, order updated parts, install those parts yourself, research again when that “update” didn’t work, order more parts - repeat until issue resolved - most people would have a: returned the product, and/or b: sued the manufacturer.

Amen to that.

Os upgrade, dimm (need to buy dimm? what is this? a sony camera?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:48 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Bob…
Just a suggestion,

there are a lot of people in this forum who are more than willing to help you. But, you first vented and insulted them all and… you’ve never gotten around to stating what problem you are having. I would maybe post again and explain what difficulty I’m experiencing… There haven’t been too many issues I’ve had that haven’t been resolved here…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
general.lee@comcast.net
Joined  03-11-2009

ii

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
general.lee@comcast.net
Joined  03-11-2009

iii

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

Bob,

Wow. 

You know, at times there are things that frustrate me with the equipment.  Whether it’s something I feel should have been included or work a certain way, but in the end—it’s all on me.  All my frustrations come from my own ignorance.  I got everything I paid for.  And sure it’s fine to point out what you think could be improved and ask questions, but do it in a constructive manner.  This is not the place for close-ended complaints.  Return it if you are totally dissatisfied. 

The people here are more than willing to help.  Just having this site at all is “giving a hand” they don’t need to.  Yamaha always returns my calls promptly (seeing how you made your initial post on here, I’m having a hard time imaging you treating anyone in a civilized manner).

Working with DAW is cool.  Being able to record MIDI and quantize and make changes is neat.  And all of these things do work.  There have already been several updates and I’m sure there will be more.  And in the end, if it’s not working out for you, the unit is a beast of an instrument and you can still record it like they used to do, ya know—straight audio multitracking.  It’s a crazy concept.  That’s how I roll.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XSpress Your Rack XS (now posted!)
Next Topic:

Motif XS and Sonar 8 64 ››