mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "to Cubase or not to Cubase?"

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 02:06 PM
CrocAUS
Total Posts:  421
Joined  03-04-2009

being a newbie, i manged to figure out a bit how to use sequencer on my motif, i also got mlan in FW mode setup with cubase and can record to cubase but i don’t quite understand benefits of cubase yet so would be greate if someone put some light on to this for me.
also would be worth buying cubase 5 over 4AI version? which i know i wont use fully any soon but if there is big advantage i would like to understand what it is and have it installed.

TIA

Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 06:28 PM
mikeynyuk
Total Posts:  75
Joined  05-31-2007

The major advantages of Cubase would be for recording audio, using plug in effects, VST instruments to augment the sounds from the Motif and to do detailed editing and mixing. In short, cubase will allow you to do pretty much anything, is fairly easy to use and you can get right into the nitty gritty of the details on a big screen.

As for whether to upgrade to Cubase 5 or not, I dont know whats best for you, Im kind of in in the same boat as you. Although as an ex SX3 user I’m already missing the unlimited VST slots and the ability to use rewire (to use propellerheadz Reason)so I’m going to bite the bullet and buy cubase again. I’m just not sure will I get studio or the full version.

The auto pitch correction sounds cool. Im not sure whether the audio intergration works in Cubase studio 5, In fact, Im not exactly sure what audio intergration means. Perhaps someone else will chime in?(sorry if Im hijacking your thread here, but hopefully it helps)
Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 07:03 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

I’m pretty much in the same boat as you, mikeynyuk.  I am also thinking about purchasing Cubase but not sure if I want the Studio version or the full one.  Can anyone spell out the differences between the two?  Admittedly, I probably won’t use ALL the features of the program but want to be able to “grow into” it as I gain experience.  (I most likely won’t do too much “beat creation”;
as per hip-hop but some smooth-jazz or chill/downtempo stuff is where most of my interest lie).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

If you go to the Steinberg web site and look for Studio product information, you will find a comparison chart showing you the differences between Cubase Studio 5 and Cubase 5.
As to whether anyone needs the commercial version or not......well let’s put it this way. If you don’t know then you probably don’t need it right now. What I suggest you do is become 100% familiar with AI. Do the tutorials, record with it, edit with it, push it to its limits. You will either find that it’s all you need, or you will note that many of the features you require are missing and you need to upgrade. The decision as to whether to stick with AI or move up should actually be easier than whether to move to Studio or C5. Personally, I don’t really believe investing in the lower level versions like Studio simply because probably 8 out of 10 people who go for Studio wish later that they’d bought the full version. :) Anyway, that’s some food for thought. Visit the Steinberg conference here for more info about Cubase.......frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS as a AD Converter
Next Topic:

Wheel Assembly - annoying problem ››