mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Real Time Volume Adustments"

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:07 AM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

When creating a pattern or song, what is the best way to record real time Volume adjustments, panning, etc?  I don’t mean how do I make an initial mix setting and store that with the particular pattern or song. 

Let’s say I have a piece where a trumpet is on track 1.  Three or four times during the song the volume needs to go up and down, then later on up again.  I want to be able to do this in real time without harming the initial track with the trumpet (track 1).

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:14 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Set the track to overdub
start recording
adjust volume fader or pan knob for that track
press stop and save…

You cannot ‘harm’ the track. The controller messages for the pan, volume, etc… can always be erased…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:36 AM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

Is there a Mix track where I can do this as well?  Or what about making a separate track that maps to the MIDI channel that the trumpet is on and doing adjustments that way?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sure you could route a separate track to the same MIDI channel, but what Motif8Mine was telling you, you can ERASE just your Volume data without erasing anything else.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

Thanks both of you.  Yes it would probably make the most sense to just do an overdub like I was told in the first place.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to octave just one voice down in a performance
Next Topic:

Motif XS as a AD Converter ››