mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF 6 - CAN’T TRANSMIT WAV FILES FROM COMPUTER TO SYNTH"

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 06:07 AM
nuclearbozo
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-11-2009

I’ve tried everything way beyond what the File Editor software manual says. I have saved all user memory (voices, voice editor, sequences and waves to one folder in Windows XP. I was finally successful in transmitting my voices 1 and 2 files, with their voice editor files, back to my Motif, but I can’t transmit my samples from my computer to my synth. Seems to me like it would be the same proceedure.
Also, I use a gold-plated USB cable to connect the two, but is it normal for the transmition rate from my synth to the computer to be about 2.5 kbps? I have about 35 files (with about a total of 15 Mb of samples), and it takes 6 hours to transmit to my computer!
I use the free, uncomplicated Krystal mixing software. I like to keep things simple.
Thank you for your input.
-Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:11 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

This is the mo6/8 forum, you might get more info from the motif forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

The original Motif can’t send wav files (samples) through USB. It’s USB 1 and is much slower than the newer USB2 standard. You can get the wav files into the Motif through the SCSI port or on a SmartMedia card. Check the manual for more information (if you haven’t got a manual you can download a .pdf one, possibly here at Motifator or otherwise on the yamahasynth.com site). And you’ll want to post future qiestions in the “Motif Classic” section (the MO6 and MO8 are newer keyboards).

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
nuclearbozo
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-11-2009

Sorry people. Got the wrong forum. If I had just looked a little farther down the list.
Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording in Cubase from MO8
Next Topic:

Why Studio Manager? ››