mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My Theory (Wishful Thinking?)"

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
slargthorb
Total Posts:  123
Joined  07-28-2002

My theory (prayer!), is that there will either be an announcement of an entirely new layout or a return to the old, perfectly acceptable, Motifator.com.  Amen

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 03:23 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

While I consider myself a man of faith, I’d say that you haven’t a prayer of Keyfax and Yamaha either going to an entirely new layout (at least not anytime soon) or returning to the old Motifator.com.

As with any new tool, it will take us some time to adjust to the Motifator 3.0, but I think in the end we’ll come to love (and loathe) it just as much as Motifator 1.0 and 2.0.

Brad ;^)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:22 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I think you probably should just give it some time. Trust us when we say that we had no idea (back in 2001) just how the concept of a (serious) information website would be received. The last 8 years have proved that it has been very well received. Most people participate in a friendly and helpful way. And far more lurk and get information via the downloads and through articles and posts.

The New SEARCH engine is one of the important reasons for migrating the whole site to this new format. And since you have not tried it yet (because it just went ‘live’) I say, give it a chance.

If you are and have been a fan of the Motif-series, you know what Context Sensitivity means. If you have properly setup your Profile, information concerning your specific gear and your computer will be made available to you via alerts (MySoftware). You can define searches to find interesting and related articles to your queries. Since articles can be “tagged” (with key search words) you can find related articles quickly and easily via the SEARCH engine.

The amorphous looking TagCloud (took me a minute to really appreciate this)… the different fonts give it a rather random look (like a ‘cloud’ I imagine)… but these are links to items of interest. Want some information on the VST EDITOR… mouse over the item and click it!

Just give it time. And be willing to explore. Check the HOME screen for NEWS updates, recent posts, links to new items, etc. A lot of information has been amassed over the years here on Motifator, and it is arguably one of the best of its kind. Of course, we have our share of malcontents but that is par for the course. Remember for every person that posts their are many times that just reading and ‘lurking’ (as they say).

We are committed to trying to keep things current and relavant to your music making needs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 12:52 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I have been a participant/contributor since ‘02 (I think). I got in when I purchased my Classic and S80. I have seen the change from “1.0 to 2.0”. I “am” having some discomforts with the change to “3.0” which, I’m sure, at some point will be resolved. I have seen participants/contributors come and go. I’ve also seen so many stay.

That said,as I stated in another thread, it only stands to reason that with the expansion over the years of keyboards/workstation,software and hardware,techneques and connections with so many options,in order for this site to maintain all of the elements that made so many.....from ALL OVER THE WORLD...come here for informantion and tech support (and “I” think the most diverse and thorough support for ALL gear),expansion was necessary. To maintain the database so that one could go back to previous posts for information as well as new information coming in,the “old system” just wasn’t going to maintain it. Adjustments and priorities had to be made. Even some of the new features such as more video demos (which I think encourages the purchase from the complete library of instructional videos)can be accessed to get a “view” of the execution of features to the gear.

So much to retain and some much coming in at the same time has to present some issues. The transition from “1 to 2” had some issues,but less information to retain and include. We just need to continue patience. The “good news” is we still have many of the experts still chiming in for the “new” issues and the old issues beginning to show up for access.The site is getting there.
Just a thought....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Phil, I think that’s fair comment. The heart of the site - the posters - are still there to offer help, views, comments and, yes, criticism. There are still a few bugs, but I am sure, as you note, they will be sorted in time.  Without question it remains one of the best info sites in the business.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

On the other hand, may I suggest that many of the concerns that have been expressed are about some of the ‘basics’ of the forum that are still missing and are affecting the way people respond to posts, provide information or navigate the new forum. In those areas it’s still a long way away from what it once was. Personally I agree that advanced Search engines, new features etc. are worthwhile, but I would also suggest that maybe more of the basics might have been addressed first, before all the bells and whistles. Heck right now one can’t even use the buttons to bold a word and one needs a map to get to personal messages...and so on. So by all means support the good work done so far and what is to come, but let’s not forget the basics either. Just my two cents worth :) ..........frank

PS: and :) still produces “:)” and not a smile icon. Now that’s basic!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

“There are still a few bugs, but I am sure, as you note, they will be sorted in time.”

There is an old saying in engineering, “The third improvement is to remove the first two improvements.”

“Without question it remains one of the best info sites in the business.”

Agreed.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:39 PM
_MusicMan_
Total Posts:  86
Joined  11-13-2008

Are we (or is it just on my view of the forum start page) limited to see only the last 5 forum entries?
That leaves a very constricted experience, if the only way to see previous postings is to search for a specific subject.
I’ve looked around for a way to set any abitrary number of last postings....but in vain.
I only stumbled on this thread by a lucky search,and I’m not even sure if my comment will end up in the same thread.
Is this the way it’s going to be?
lol...It can’t be true.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:43 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

I agree with Frank. Let’s get some of the basics sorted out.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: “Are we (or is it just on my view of the forum start page) limited to see only the last 5 forum entries?”
---No, you shouldn’t be limited to only the last 5 threads. Instead of just putting your cursor over the name of a conference and seeing 5 threads, you need to click on the name of the conference (for example, click on the word “Steinberg"), and that will open up a long list of the recent threads. Took me a few minutes to figure that out myself in the beginning. Cheerio.......frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 09:36 PM
JasonK
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-31-2006
_MusicMan_ - 11 March 2009 08:39 PM

Are we (or is it just on my view of the forum start page) limited to see only the last 5 forum entries?
That leaves a very constricted experience, if the only way to see previous postings is to search for a specific subject.
I’ve looked around for a way to set any abitrary number of last postings....but in vain.
I only stumbled on this thread by a lucky search,and I’m not even sure if my comment will end up in the same thread.
Is this the way it’s going to be?
lol...It can’t be true.

Before you actually got no preview whatsoever of what is newest within each forum.

As a side note, you can now click thread review to see the last 10 posts while replying. You can also add a url, bold text

italicize, underline, change size, and color when posting properly
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 10:28 PM
_MusicMan_
Total Posts:  86
Joined  11-13-2008

Thanks,FrankE
The thing to do, is NOT to click on the Folder Icon.
How could I’ve missed that?...hehe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 10:40 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

Seriously, I’m embarassed for you guys. Its like watching a special olympics event.

JasonK, again, good job with the site. Its important you hear that this site is cool.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:11 PM
JasonK
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-31-2006

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I do agree the linking from the initial forum list page could be improved, just trying to formulate a plan there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 11:32 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Never mind…

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Private Messages
Next Topic:

Wow, you got to check out this Midi Controller (Cubase) ››