mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "[solved] cubase AI4.5.2 crash on launch"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi all.
I have a problem on my computer with my cubase AI 4.5.2 on windows XP sp3

Since today It crashed when i launch it

After the Cubase AI windows apears with the text about the opening progession on the left bottom (last text is “content") the general windows apears (1 second) and directly close alone.

There is no Windows XP message error.

I have tried to repair cubase, it don’t change anything.
I have tryed a restoration of my windows XP on few days ago, nothing change(cubase AI work fine sunday on this computer).
I have uninstall completly cubase AI, re-install, i have always the same problem.

I have not install another software since sunday when it will work.
The control license is fine, no problem on it.
My old cubase Le is working fine also.
The YSFW drivers are working fine to play and record on others software.

If someone have an idea about this and what can i do, it will be great.

The last option i have is to format the hard drive and re-install completly windows XP sp3, and after install another time cubase AI on 4.5.2.

Thanks in advance for help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Before we delve too deeply into this, you’ve mentioned that you uninstalled AI and reinstalled and that your licence is okay. After you first installed AI and registered it, did you then move the licence to a Syncrosoft dongle?? (you mention LCC). Have you installed the very latest version of the Syncrosoft software? Did you install any new plug-ins? And just FYI: caution, uninstalling and then reinstalling software like AI that suddenly stops working should be viewed as a last resort as it can sometimes create even more problems. Often there are simpler solutions. And also caution with System Restore. It can be very useful, but it too can make things even worse. Sometimes one must try a few restore points before it fixes things...or not. I will admit that under some circumstances, it can also be a lifesaver. Anyway, let’s start at the beginning and look at the licencing first...........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 03:52 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi FranckE, thank you for your answer.

After you first installed AI and registered it, did you then move the licence to a Syncrosoft dongle?? (you mention LCC).

==> no, it’s always in the licence control center on my computer, i don’t have a dongle.

Have you installed the very latest version of the Syncrosoft software?

==> yes, i have downloaded it yesterday for the re-install and use it.

Did you install any new plug-ins?

==> no from sunday to monday nothing was add or remove on the computer.

For more information, the scandisk (chkdsk) don’t find something wrong.
There is no conflit find on the computer.
I have finaly check on “windows no failure mode”, at the second try i have succeded to open cubase AI in this mode, but when i return in “normal mode” i have always the same problem.

The initialase text on the left bottom (you can see a picture in the link bellow)

http://papanix.free.fr/images/cubaseai.jpg

run fine when it check the LCC, midi, VST 2, .......... up to “content” who is the final step before the general cubase windows open (on full screen in the computer).
The crash arrived just after that.

There is no project preloaded on cubase, it opened empty.

I have tryed without midi and audio port connection to start , same result.

Windows XP is running installed on this computer since near 3 years, perhaps a too more long time and need to format the hard drive and reinstall windows.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 04:38 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi again,
Here are a few more thoughts:

Even though you are seeing your licence in the LCC, there is a chance, that because of your re-installs etc., that AI is simply no longer recognizing it. You may have to reauthorize. I would also suggest that it would be a good thing to get your licence on to a dongle and off the computer. A dongle only costs about $35 US, and it’s a much better way to store a licence.

Re: “I have finaly check on “windows no failure mode”, at the second try i have succeded to open cubase AI in this mode”
---That’s interesting because in Safe Mode, Windows is not loading drivers for video, audio etc. That suggests that some device or driver is causing the problem. It “suggests” it, but it’s not a certainty though. It could also be related to other things that don’t occur when Safe Mode is used.

Re: “Windows XP is running installed on this computer since near 3 years, perhaps a too more long time and need to format the hard drive and reinstall windows.”
---Yes, I suggest that is way too long. For power users, I find they need a complete wipe/reload after about 6 months. For others about a year or a year and an half is about right. Many folks have been amazed by the increase in performance they notice after that has been done....even though they are using all the same hardware and programs. It may also save you a lot of time in the long run.
In any case, my first guess would be that your version of AI may no longer be authorized. If it still is then I’d go for a fresh start. It probably is due now anyway. Salut!........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:00 PM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Thank you FranckE.

No problem for the LCC.
when you have a problem of LCC , the cubase AI launch stop with a message about the LCC error, and it’s at the first step of cubase AI launch.
Here that’s not the case, le LCC “test” was fine and cubase Ai continue to initialise.
The reactivation was done fine and it crash after all initialise cubase AI test.

Ok in english i need to write “safe mode” :
yes i was thinking also like that for the conflict, but really don’t find why cause there is nothing new or uninstaled on the computer.

finaly tonight, i have
Uninstall cubase AI,and all components, YSFW driver, VST editor, tools for n and XS, delete all folders staying in Doc & steeings and common files .......
Made also some old others soft uninstall and unuse personnal files delete on the C hardrive (40 Go were win here).

Use regcleaner to delete entryes on base register (cubase AI, old mLan).

Defrag the computer.
Reboot
Reinstall Cubase AI, the full update to 4.5.2 update, the last LCC soft,
Activate de licence and it’s work fine now.
Cubase AI is launching without problem and run.

I will reinstala tomorrow the YSFW driver, n and XS tools, VST editor.
and check if all is fine.

A windows problem perhaps may be the cause of all of this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Good news! It looks then as if clue #2 was the best...i.e.in Safe Mode AI opened.
Your report suggests that it was a problem either with a driver or something related to Windows. And yes, you are correct of course. Cubase looks for the licence first then continues to load. According to the information you provided the place where it was stopping was past that point. It could have been at the point that the program was trying to access something like a MIDI or audio driver.
In any case, you may never figure out the EXACT cause of the problem, but I’m pleased that you managed to get things working again. Well done! Cheerio......frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 07:52 PM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Just to inform that YSFW , n tools and XS extension + VST editor are installd and all is work fine.
Thank you for your help franckE

[ Ignore ]