mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI functions disappeared with Synth Xtreme bank"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 01:13 PM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007

Need some help solving a MIDI riddle.  I use the MotifXS8 as the main controller for Pro Tools.  NOrmally, everything works great.  Last night, I wanted to use a couple of voices from the XS Xtreme sound bank, which I purchased a while back.  I’ve done this before with no problem.

This time, however, I could not not get PT to talk to the Motif or vice-versa.  The minute I LOADed in the Xtreme sound bank, it like MIDI out/in just disappeared.  I had no clock sync, no note on/off sent or received...nothing. 

So, naturally, I re-booted everything...computer, Motif.  With my main sound bank installed after turning on the Motif, I had no MIDI problems at all with Pro Tools.  Then I load in the Xtreme sound bank (its ALL file) and MIDI is gone again.  ANd it stays gone even if I re-load my main file or the factory pre-set.

This has never happened before, even with this sound bank.  Something’s changed, but I am just not seeing what setting is somehow turned off.  Everything appears to be correct. 

Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 02:22 PM
supportguy
Total Posts:  108
Joined  05-15-2003

go to:
[Utility]
[F5] “Control”
[SF2] “MIDI”
Reset the parameters for MIDI interface, sync etc. that correspond to your setup.
I suspect that the file you loaded reset those settings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 02:25 PM
supportguy
Total Posts:  108
Joined  05-15-2003

Next time:
Choose the file type “All without system” to avoid resetting those parameters.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 03:49 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Yes i agree always choose “all without system” to load sound bank buyed or downloaded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007

Well, that did the trick.  Thanks!  I still can’t see what changed, though.  The Midi function screen looks exactly right.
Its a mystery!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS improvements
Next Topic:

New FW--driver, VST3 editor and Powercore FW-driver ››