mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS improvements"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 01:10 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

Motif XS need some improvements ? what do u think ? What improvements could help Motif XS become more usefull for users ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 01:34 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009
radurobert - 10 March 2009 01:10 PM

Motif XS need some improvements ? what do u think ? What improvements could help Motif XS become more usefull for users ?

Radurobert

I have the Motif XS8 and I “personally” think that it is the best keyboard ever made.  Let me tell you why.  Until June of 2008, I had been away from the music secne for over two decades.  Had not played, bought or touched any kind of synth or keyboard during this time.

After I bought my XS8 in June 2008, I set down and READ the manual front to back to bring myself up to speed.  I found the manual to be just what the doctor ordered as far as laying out how the MOTIF functions and operates.  Once I completed my reading I started out slowly trying all of the tips and tricks outlined in the manual.  Again, for me, the XS8 turned out to be extremely user friendly and exactly the right piece of equipment I need in my studio.  I feel that I have just scratched the surface. 

There is always room for improvement and one thing I would like to see would be four more assignable audio outs to compliment the current four.  I sometimes will mix all my tracks in the XS and dump them into my Pro Tools.  A video out would be nice so that you can use a 20+ inch monitor. Otherwise, I’m a happy camper.

In closing, let me say that you can’t please all the people all the time but I do think that Yamaha is trying to please some of the people some of the time and I just happen to be one of them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

I agree with LovemyMotif.  Yamaha has done a fantastic job.  I myself have posted various requests for things that I would like to see.  I don’t think that there is anything wrong with desiring different improvements or requesting them...I think Yamaha wants us to do that, as they are a company that is always trying to stay on the leading edge.  I think that they have done just that...stayed on the leading edge.  There is no other keyboard that has the sound quality of this instrument for things like guitars and such(my personal opinion of course...others may have a different opinion) and the performance mode is simply incredible.

We all would love to see improvements but....the keyboard certainly stands on it’s own without improvements...it is truly a fantastic instrument.

That being said, I think that users should still of course put suggestions in the box so to speak.  I suggest that as you think of things, post them...once.  If there is no response to something
(give them a reasonable amount of time to respond), then maybe carefully think about posting a similar request/question further on down the line...but certainly not multiple long-winded posts at the same time. Just a suggestion...I know that sometimes as people we can get caught up in the moment and impassioned by a particular subject.  I do think thought that Yamaha will be more inclined to look at kind and articulate suggestions, rather than verbose diatribes.

Have a blessed day.  Hope you are having fun with your Motif XS...I know I am!

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 05:12 PM
shinenz
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-03-2009
radurobert - 10 March 2009 01:10 PM

OK I think you’ve posted enough on this site to last you the next year or two!?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009

hmmmmmm

the next year or two!?  looll )))))))))))))) ha ha ha funny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
gustavimprov
Total Posts:  59
Joined  01-16-2009

I kinda’ thought somebody would start a pool or somethin’ to see how many days in a row 1 person could write about THE SAME EXACT ISSUE .

Man,
Give It Up!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 06:15 PM
radurobert
Joined  03-05-2009

what ISSUE ? I like my Motif XS. But i don t think s perfect. sooo..I think Yamaha want to perfect this product. Soo y ask a simmple useful question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 06:45 PM
megassus
Total Posts:  97
Joined  02-04-2004

Well more samling time would do.
And the use of 1+2 ins ettects on all 16 tracks will do also.

Also 24 tracks will be great.

And more editing tools for samling voxs will do also.

But this is not a burning issue.

The xs is the best motif ever.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 07:53 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

radurobert, you won’t believe it, but you can also PLAY ON AN XS.

If you’re seeking for perfection this way, you’ll never accept a partner.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008
megassus - 10 March 2009 06:45 PM

The xs is the best motif ever.

I agree. I’ve had mine for about 3 months and really like it....just the way it is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
dream2u2@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  35
Joined  12-30-2008

wait til u see the new motif xsp…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
gustavimprov
Total Posts:  59
Joined  01-16-2009
sciuriware - 10 March 2009 07:53 PM

you can also PLAY ON AN XS

exactly…

On second thought,

i want the xs 2b quipped with a gps so I can know where the hell i am when i’m out giggin’… see ya!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:15 AM
tlyle@cogeco.ca
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-13-2007

Tempo on the front panel controlabe all the time!

Ship it with lots of blank voice and performanc banks to fill,and allow for copying from presets to user areas so starting ideas as templates, or even better set the usb up so we can load this in real time of a usb key

the arp groupings are not easy to get around on perhaps,chords,melody,step patterns, b or c set file listing,or cluster reduction.large user(homemade) arp section(guitar to midi to arp designer plug on the back$)

a simple arp/pattern writer but a fast good one, with quantize and gate, move pattern(time) to chord (vertical pitch)

link to computer LED

visual output meter of audio

joystick with lots of dynamic control layouts

the buttons are a little far apart(function1,2), even thought of 4 small faders with notch stops 0-9 thats seems so fast to get around 9999 arp presets, then have a b user set,
but I really like this set up

[ Ignore ]