mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem: Mixing Template does not recognize Mixing Voices"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 07:25 AM
JustMotivated
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-10-2009

My problem is:

I saved a mixing on my Motif XS7 from a current pattern by “Put” command to the mixing template No.32. Important: Two tracks of the pattern contained two customized and saved mixing voices, say “MyMixVoice1” and “MyMixVoice2”.
Next I copied some tracks from the current pattern to a new empty pattern location.
In the new pattern I recalled the mixing settings by loading the mixing template No.32 by “Get” command.

THE MIXING VOICES ARE NO LONGER ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRACKS !!!

Pattern Screen (Track Section) says: “Initialized Voice” instead of “MyMixVoice1, MyMixVoice2” and they sound like “Full Piano Grand” (which is the default for Initialized Voice).

I know that copying mixing voices from a previous saved mixing template “manually” is possible, but shouldn’t this be done automatically by recalling a mixing template ?

Solution suggestions ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
JustMotivated
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-10-2009

Ok, I think I figured it out:

A Mixing Voice is always associated with the Pattern or Song, not with the Mixing Template !
So if you want to carry over your Mixing Voices from one Pattern or Song to another, you have to copy them over by Mixing Job Copy command. You can’t do that by exchanging (Putting and Getting) the Mixing Template between Patterns or Songs (which I expected).

I would have appreciated using the Mixing Template as container for not only exchanging Mixing Settings but also Mixing Voices.
So in the end it’s a design decision made by the manufacturer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 12:41 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The MIXING VOICES you created were replaced with “Initialize Voice” because your Mix Voices had user samples in them. Did they not? The “Initialized Voice”, by the way, has a single waveform, 0001, assigned to Element 1, with an organ-type envelope and not much else programmed. The first waveform in the XS happens to be an acoustic piano wave.

Although your thinking of moving the Voices selected in your MIX to a new PATTERN is valid, and it does and will work for normal Voices. If a Voice contains RAM samples (user samples), storing them in a TEMPLATE (even just to copy them) will not be possible. The TEMPLATE stores parameter data in FLASH ROM. So you can have 32 MIXING setups backed up in permanent memory.

There is no permanent memory to back up User Samples. So your MIX Voices indeed did show up… the RAM samples were initialized and the XS is correctly reporting that the Voice data has been initialized… because there is not backup for samples or Voices that use RAM samples.

There are many workarounds you can find for things in the XS, but backing up samples in FLASH ROM is not one of them. There is no backup memory for volatile ROM in the Motif XS.

If you wanted to copy a PATTERN from one location to another the COPY PATTERN job is the way. If you need to copy a SONG from one location to anothe the COPY SONG job is the way to go.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ a simple question
Next Topic:

Is it possible ››