mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Peter’s Got the Blues"

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 04:43 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

Hi All:

Working on a little Blues ditty and need some advice on how to play the best guitar lead.  Since I don’t play guitar (yet), I have always been amazed at how some keyboardist can mimic the phrasing of a lead guitar to the point the you can’t tell if its the real thing or not. In an effort to understand how a guitarist might think, I bought an acoustic guitar and now teaching myself how to play it.

There are four parts to this song.  An intro, followed by two verses and then and outtro (At least I think that’s what you call the ending).  Anywho, the second verse has the organ riffs that follow the vocal in a bluesy kind of way.  The guitar lead on the outtro will follow the lead vocal adlibs like the organ does in the second verse. 

Any advice on how to tighten up my guitar lead would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

File Attachments
- Peter's Got the Blues.mp3  (File Size: 3451KB - Downloads: 892)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 05:50 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Hey, I’m typing as I listen.
First of all, when your doing the different runs your playing, try holding the last note at least a beat, like your doing on the organ.
My bad words are getting censored.,,man I’m feeling this, sounds almost churchy, black gospel, as they would have it, back in the day.

Is that a performance? nice work.
You need to raise the volume a little bit on that guitar track.
Hey, it just ended, great job buddy,,,KEEP POSTING..LOL
I’m loving this new stuff, thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 12:53 PM
LovemyMotif
Joined  02-17-2009

Is that a performance?

Funk Master thank you for your tip.  I will try that next time out.

Regarding which preformance I used, I started with one but will have to go back and find it.  If I recall, I dumped all of the Performance Voices except for the drums and reassigned them with something more akin to what I was going for sound wise.  Once I locate the Performace I will sent it to you.

All the best,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Not bad. I like the concept here. Some of it sounds like it was recording hot (i.e. in the red). I like the horns here. Definite B.B. King stuff here. LOL. Thanks for sharing!....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 09:48 PM
LovemyMotif
Joined  02-17-2009
Da Fingaz - 10 March 2009 02:51 PM

Not bad. I like the concept here. Some of it sounds like it was recording hot (i.e. in the red). I like the horns here. Definite B.B. King stuff here. LOL. Thanks for sharing!....

Yea it probably was recorded very hot since it was one of the first pieces I worked on when I got my MO and Pro Tools gear.  Didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Working on getting better LOL.  Thanks for the listen.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Never Ever
Next Topic:

Collaboration remix ››