mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "The next MOTIF…."

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 01:42 PM
rcstevo
Total Posts:  136
Joined  03-07-2009

After doing a lot of research and talking to some smart dudes, I am 99.9% sure I want to buy a Motif XS6.  I am a former Roland junkie, but soon to be a proud Yamaha owner!!
I’ve heard lots of good news about the XS!

My question is this, though.  I am a sucker for the latest and greatest.  Is Yamaha going to be coming out with a new MOTIF soon?
You see, I don’t want to run out and buy the XS only to find out that Yamaha is coming out with a new motif model (Motif XXS?? lol) in a few weeks....

Thanks guys!
Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 01:47 PM
CrocAUS
Total Posts:  421
Joined  03-04-2009

going by the other thread there is nothing till end of 2009 and that is still nothing more but a rumor.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/441837/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
dkossmann
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-09-2009

Why is the Motif XS not showing up on the US Yamaha website under workstations?

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/List/ModelSeriesListLE/0,,CTID%253D206400%2526CNTYP%253D,00.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 03:27 PM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008

It’s there… here’s a link:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%3D544448%26CNTYP%3DPRODUCT,00.html

Frankly, I don’t expect a new Motif for awhile--maybe 2010 NAMM at the earliest.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 03:42 PM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

IMO there’s very little they could improve on to warrant a new model unless a built-in HD and an improved way of saving files plus the Mlan as standard across the range.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 06:54 PM
dkossmann
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-09-2009

Thanks Synthlogic! I’ve been on the website all weekend and could not get information about the XS.  I’m in the market for a new board and thought they were updating the model.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 07:21 PM
Randelph
Total Posts:  315
Joined  02-21-2007

based on how much energy Yamaha is putting into OS releases, new sounds, etc., I’d guess it’d be 2011 before they put out a new keyboard, esp. with this economy- who’d have the money to buy it?

and as one of the moderators once said, the XS is an example of the maturing of a product line- and it’s generally recognized on on-line forums that the xs has the best sounds (esp in acoustic instruments) of the big 3.  so if they continue to give us new sounds to fuel this incredible instrument (I feel like I’ve got a new board with all these great sounds and programs they just released), AND continue to update the OS to make the features competitive and EASIER TO USE, the word of mouth will continue to favor the XS and there’ll be no need to come out with a new model till 2011.

Anyway, my prediction is they’re likely to come out with a different series for their next latest/greatest-

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 09:09 PM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008
dkossmann - 09 March 2009 06:54 PM

Thanks Synthlogic! I’ve been on the website all weekend and could not get information about the XS. 

Your welcome.  :)

I called Yamaha and asked why the XS wasn’t listed under “synthesizer workstations.” The person I spoke with said the website was undergoing changes, but I could locate the XS if I did a search--and there it was!

[ Ignore ]