mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New to the Motif XS6"

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 08:31 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

Hello All,

Well I have my Motif XS6 on order and it should be here in about 3 or 4 days.

I have downloaded the Owners Manual and have looked it over.  I do have some questions though, and believe it or not the Salespeople in the stores did not know.  It was almost like I was educating then, which is really sad since they should have the product knowledge.

My main question is this.  If I use a USB memory stick, how do I gracefully unplug the stick after I have gotten my files either transferred to the Motif XS6, or copied onto the stick? 

What I mean is when we work on a typical PC, once you are ready to unplug the memory stick, you are supposed to do that safely remove hardware step via the computers operating system.  Once you do that, you then get a message on your screen that it is safe to remove the drive.  I don’t see any reference in the Motif XS manual that talks about safely removing the USB stick or USB hard drive.  Is it just a matter of leaving File utility mode and going to some other mode (like voice mode or performance mode, etc)?

I am trying to learn as much about the board beforehand so I don’t harm anything, lose any data, etc.

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 08:46 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

I usually don’t unplug my USB until after I have turned the XS off.  I also make sure that I plug it in before I turn the machine on.  One other thing I do is take the USB with the back up files, stick it into my PC and copy all of the files to a folder I created especially for creating a second back up location in case something happens to my USB stick.  Lastly, I back up all my PC files regularly so the original XS files are now backed up three times (the US, my PC and then my external backup drive).  The way I look at it is that I work to hard on trying to be creative and I don’t won’t those “little people” that cause “things to go bump in the night” to one day cause a meltdown on my USB.  Hopes this helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 08:50 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

You can unplug any USB drive safely from the XS as long as you are not in the middle of a file load or save operation.  No worries at all.  Simple plug and play.  I usually exit file mode first and don’t unplug in the middle of executing a job.  Other than that, you don’t need to do anything special or power down to unplug.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ motif es libaries
Next Topic:

Saving Patterns, Songs, and Mix ››