mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Another audio track not possible"

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 03:37 AM
gabriel m
Total Posts:  128
Joined  01-28-2007

Hi Guys,

Please, help me with the following:

I’ve got Motif ES 7 and a laptop interconnected via USB. I don’t have any interface as I don’t plan to use any microphone or a guitar input yet. I use an internal sound card; my outputs are the laptop speakers. Crappy setup but has to suffice for the time being…

I have the connection working, i.e. I can record into Sonar what I’m playing on the keyboard (in this case a piano part). That is automatically recorded into the Audio Track 1. The question is how to move on to recording in the Audio Track 2 (e.g. strings)? Even when I highlight this track and arm it, nothing happens…

Thanks for any help.

Gabriel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 01:09 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

As long as you have the Record SOURCE and OUTPUT set the same as on Track 1, it should be just fine…

Can you post more specifics?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 04:58 PM
gabriel m
Total Posts:  128
Joined  01-28-2007

Thanks Tony for your reply.

I attached a Word doc file with two print screens so that you can see the settings on both tracks.

I fear I’m doing something elementary wrong and I’ve no clue what it might be.... I’m still at the very beginning.

Thanks for your help!

Gabriel

File Attachments
print screen.doc  (File Size: 303KB - Downloads: 705)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 12:51 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Sorry!  I thought you were recording AUDIO tracks, not MIDI tracks… Bad assumption.  :)

I also now note you’re using an ES-7; I’m not a user of that, so take this with a grain of salt:

I PRESUME you do NOT want to set Track 2 to record MOTIF-ES Track 2.  You’re recording the KEYBOARD, not the output of the ES’s internal sequencer.

So, unless you tell the MOTIF-ES to send the KEYBOARD data out on Channel 2, you’re not going to see data.

Try setting the input to be exactly the same as Track 1 (heck, when I record, I set the INPUTs to be OMNI, but my setup is different.)

The OUTPUT and CHANNEL look correct; just make sure when you PLAY BACK, you do it in SONG mode so the separate channels are handled correctly.

I’m also suspicious of the fact that the BANK/PATCH settings are NULL. 

When you do a PLAYBACK, it’s not going to select the patches on the MOTIF-ES; they’ll just stay where they are.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Amazing results with Sonar 8 and Vista
Next Topic:

sync clock between Sonar and XS ››