mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "The Judges and the Detention Centre"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 03:08 PM
hamletmaschine
Total Posts:  996
Joined  02-22-2004

As dialogue still seems rather difficult in this brilliantly implemented forum, here’s something to read: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/07/juvenille-judges-cash-detention-centre.

This is the only place I’ve seen mention of this scandalous story. Is it being registered in the US at all?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 04:01 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I certainly haven’t seen this on the cable news networks here, but
I don’t watch them 24/7, so I may have missed it.

Of course it’s outrageous. People are evil and do bad things.
That’s “old” news. This is just another manifestation of it.

The economy occupies 90% of the news here at the moment.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 04:28 PM
-
Total Posts:  518
Joined  06-07-2006

Oh! how awful......simply aggregious!

Imagine the outrage if it became known that we had brutally butchered and murdered 50 million unborn humans in the last 40 or so years (4000/day).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
hamletmaschine
Joined  02-22-2004

Quest, is there a topic that doesn’t trigger this response?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 06:27 PM
-
Joined  06-07-2006

Yes, quite a few actually...just look around…

Just as a reminder, I often comment on politics, war, liberalism, moral relativism, religion, various music topics, etc…

Perhaps here in the USA, through the use of the “fairness doctrine”, people like me can be legally censored...maybe even prosecuted for hate speech by pointing out subjects like the Bible’s position on homosexuality (As has already happened in Canada).

Would that make you “feel” better?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 07:41 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002

Quest, I guess you were just itching for a fight when you
woke up this morning.

How you went from the original subject to abortion in the blink of
an eye is pretty amazing.

I suppose if we were discussing the current state of the music
business, you’d find a way to turn it into a discussion of the
Christian right-wing’s agenda.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 08:40 PM
-
Joined  06-07-2006

Not at all...but perhaps you could explain the wonderful benefits of what is happening in this country now that Obama and his crew are destroying it.

Unemployment at 1983 levels...since inauguration day the stock market has dive bombed.

Perhaps its Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who we should look to....after all those 2 criminals did far worse damage to the nation with their liberal lending policies than Enron ever did.

Or perhaps you gain confidence in the vapid blank stares you get from Geittner when he is asked for specifics regarding his unfundable continued bailouts.

Or perhaps if you ask some tax evadors like Charlie Rangle, who writes the tax code, how they intend to bleed the wealth out of the nation to fund.....fund What, exactly?

I particularily enjoyed hearing Nancy Pulosi explain how we should not create debt that our future generations might have to be burdened with....Are you kidding me? Is she insane?

Yeah, my right-wing agenda huh?  You people (liberals) are pathologic.

If you started a business and lost a million bucks a DAY, it would take you 2700 years to arrive at roughly 1 trillion dollars......These lunatics (that you support with glee) are discussing bringing our entire national debt to 13 trillion.

Thats roughly a million dollars a day for well over 30,000 years!

I actually had hopes that Obama might end the war.....Doesn’t look that way does it?

It’s Obama’s nation now...a real Obamanation!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 10:32 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002

Obama inherited the mess we’re in, he didn’t create it.

But anyway, we, the majority who voted for Obama, get the point.
Your side is just balls-out steamed that you lost. You simply can’t
even stand to say “President” Obama.

The future doesn’t belong to angry right-wing old white people.
That’s my consolation. Your point of view is being phased out like
the dinosaur.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 10:42 PM
-
Joined  06-07-2006

Wow! what a pathetic reply...I think basic stupidity (much like yours) will, in the end, phase out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 02:23 AM
-
Joined  06-07-2006

OK, Dave, I’m back from a couple of hours at laughing at your ridiculous reply.

In response to your comment:

“The future doesn’t belong to angry right-wing old white people”

It is quite apparent by your open (and repeated) contempt for older white people that you are both a bigot and a racist, which, by the way, is really no surprise at all.

By stereotyping and condescension alone you fit right in with one of the most racist political parties to grace modern times. I am speaking of those wonderful southern democrats who fought a bitter civil war in order to keep their right to own and trade slaves.

Not to mention, even now, one of the democrats’ senior congressmen (Byrd, I believe) has a known history of deep and active involvement in the KKK.

It was even a Democrat who unnecessarily decided to drop 2 nukes on the innocent population of Japan.  One wonders why!  My wife is Japanese and she certainly does.

It doesn’t much matter which race you hate, Dave......its all racism!

And, of course, I hesitate to remind you (see the aforementioned) of the democrats’ views regarding the rights of unborn children.

So please don’t give me your silly “angry white-man” argument....YOU are the angry racist.  As well, you fit right in with the political party which has represented it well throughout our history.

Enjoy your brave new world!  Your Obamanation!

Now, back to our President:

This week PM Brown of Britain presented a hand carved pen to President Obama.  This pen is made from the wood of an 18th century slaver (a captured slave ship used to block other slave ships from making their way to America).....and is a very thoughtful and beautiful gift.

President Obama, in return, provided PM Brown with some CD’s....Very classy, wouldn’t you agree?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 04:18 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Your new avatar tells a story .....................

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 05:16 AM
-
Joined  06-07-2006

OK,

I’m working on a new one.....that one was just too much like looking in a mirror for the evolutionists.

There you go...thats my pup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 06:22 AM
hamletmaschine
Joined  02-22-2004

Quest: ‘You people (liberals) are pathologic.’

If you want to talk about pathological behaviour, try reading your own initial response: I offered a link, you completely changed its direction, with no reference to the story, to your hobby-horse of abortion. In what way is that not pathological and obsessive?

Quest: ‘Perhaps here in the USA, through the use of the “fairness doctrine”, people like me can be legally censored...maybe even prosecuted for hate speech by pointing out subjects like the Bible’s position on homosexuality (As has already happened in Canada).

Would that make you “feel” better?’

For one, I don’t see why you put ‘feel’ into inverted commas. My feelings are utterly irrelevant to this thread, as far as I can tell. Second, I’m not talking about censorship. In the previous incarnation of this forum, I argued that racists, bigots, and other extreme right-wingers (your good self included, of course) should be given their platform so that their ideas can be well and truly repudiated. My point was that this thread started in one place and was ridiculously hijacked by someone whose views on abortion are already very well known around here.

So, if you’d like to respond, feel free. I just wish you’d stay on the point rather than spiralling off into baseless speculation about my feelings and my views on censorship.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 06:25 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

Here we go again! I dont know why this crowd is so anti punishment. You guys are beyond liberal.

Theres more to this story, do your own search as I did.

HAHAHA! you guys insist on believing what your told!!!

Zero points for hamlet…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 06:44 AM
-
Joined  06-07-2006

OK, Ham....so its your thread Boo Hoo...Here we go with your “feelings” again…

Why don’t you at least try to discuss the merits of Nancy Pulosi, or the national debt, Barney Frank(The Banking Queen), or anything of substance that the liberals have going for them.....Would another thread help?

Sheesh!

Oh, and what basis have you for calling me a racist?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 06:59 AM
hamletmaschine
Joined  02-22-2004

Do grow up, Quest. You can either address issues raised or behave like a child. No, I still don’t get the ‘feelings’ gibe but if it makes you happy, then do continue.

And to you point: not being a US citizen, I can’t say I’m too bothered about Pelosi or Frank. Your national debt is obviously a global concern, as is the system that spawned this economic catastrophe.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3