mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Will Cubase AI be updated to some sort of version 5?"

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 02:44 AM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

Cubase 5 looks fantastic.  I hope to own it when I have some extra money. Is there any plans to update Cubase AI to some sort of Version 5 that would include some light versions of some of the new features that are found in Cubase 5? 

Thanks

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 04:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Nice try… :) Cubase 5 is the cutting edge, top of the line. You are given Cubase AI4 to get an idea about the look and feel of CUBASE. Cubase 5 has introduced (yet again) some very useful twists, features, functions… The idea is we, Yamaha and Steinberg are unbashedly attempting to get you to upgrade and purchase the real version… I think Cubase 5 makes a compelling case.

If you are asking at some point will there be a Cubase AI5, I wouldn’t doubt it… but by that time you will have to purchase some new Yamaha hardware (which will come with the entry level AI5...) see how this works?

There is nothing to be ashamed about on Yamaha or Steinberg’s part about providing a FREE entry level verson when you purchase certain hardware. It is our best chance to introduce folks to its benefits. But there will be no FREE upgrade from AI4 to AI5… that would really make no sense (from the business standpoint). Hope that makes sense.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 07:16 AM
flyby
Total Posts:  114
Joined  01-10-2009

I totally agree with Badmister.  AI is just a taste of the real cubase.  Cubase 5 is amazing !  (granted I never even finished learning AI before jumping into cubase 5) but i’m so glad I made the decision to get it.  They put in so many kewl things such as loopmesh, variaudio, pitch correction, great reverb, etc… basically it saves every user a lot of $$ because essentially there is no need to buy many of the plugins from 3rd party providers that are used in much of todays music. 

Also, check the steinberg site they have special upgrade prices for AI owners, so take advantage of that ASAP, because you won’t need another DAW for a long time from what I can see.  It has everything one could ask for with regard to a DAW software, and best of all, it’s all under one roof ! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 01:10 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

Maybe just an existing user upgrade price for us loyal Yamaha customers ;)
hehe
I do want it, but can’t afford it right now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008
Bad_Mister - 07 March 2009 04:21 AM

Nice try… :) Cubase 5 is the cutting edge, top of the line. You are given Cubase AI4 to get an idea about the look and feel of CUBASE. Cubase 5 has introduced (yet again) some very useful twists, features, functions… The idea is we, Yamaha and Steinberg are unbashedly attempting to get you to upgrade and purchase the real version… I think Cubase 5 makes a compelling case.

If you are asking at some point will there be a Cubase AI5, I wouldn’t doubt it… but by that time you will have to purchase some new Yamaha hardware (which will come with the entry level AI5...) see how this works?

There is nothing to be ashamed about on Yamaha or Steinberg’s part about providing a FREE entry level verson when you purchase certain hardware. It is our best chance to introduce folks to its benefits. But there will be no FREE upgrade from AI4 to AI5… that would really make no sense (from the business standpoint). Hope that makes sense.

Now you can’t fault a fellow musician for trying can you....! lol

I have no problem with there being no upgrade to 5 from a marketing standpoint...I was just trying to see if you were planning anything along that lines..."No" is certainly an acceptable and reasonable answer in this case.

At some point when I can afford the mlan card w/ cubase 5, then I will probably make that purchase.

Thanks so much for the time BadMister!  Have a blessed day!

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 02:52 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Actually there is an upgrade program, you can purchase the Cubase 5 upgrade and get a discount of $100 if you have Cubase AI.

So at the very least, Cubase AI4 is worth $100.

Cubase 5 Upgrade from SX1/2, Cubase SL1/2, Essential 4, AI4, LE4, SE3, Sequel $399.99.

In the US , you can purchase it at http://www.steinbergupgrades.com.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 08:18 PM
Randelph
Total Posts:  315
Joined  02-21-2007

as BM said, AI4 upgrade to AI5 might not happen for a long time- but they did upgrade from AI4 to AI4.5, so there’s hope.  it does sound like Cubase 5 is a very compelling package

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with setup / Badmister pics included
Next Topic:

Behind the Manual ››