mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase AI"

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 12:22 AM
shinenz
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-03-2009

Hi all, this might be a stupid question, but I just purchased a motid xs6 and they said it comes with cubase, when I installed it there didn’t seem to be any license on the cd packet for the registration, does this mean it only comes with a “DEMO” version of cubase AI or where do I find the product key?

Regards
Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 12:34 AM
dkeyman
Total Posts:  76
Joined  01-20-2009

No, the full version of Cubase AI is included.  You need to follow the read-me instructions on the disc that explains the registration process.  It’s all done on-line, no Serial No. is included with the disc.

Good luck,

Dkeyman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 07:42 AM
shinenz
Joined  03-03-2009
dkeyman - 07 March 2009 12:34 AM

No, the full version of Cubase AI is included.  You need to follow the read-me instructions on the disc that explains the registration process.  It’s all done on-line, no Serial No. is included with the disc.

Good luck,

Dkeyman

I’ve been trying to install it, downloaded the latest syncrosoft installer but I’m using vista 32 bit and the syncrosoft installer won’t bring up and licensing for some reason, getting frustrated and have searched google and theres a lot a complicated answers, why can it not be easier to just install the software i got with the xs??! grrrr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 07:50 AM
Matt_28
Total Posts:  109
Joined  02-21-2009

Did you install Cubase AI it as administrator – by logging in as administrator before starting the installation process (not from a “normal” user account)?

Good luck! M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 07:55 AM
shinenz
Joined  03-03-2009

Yeah, I’ve got administrator access so mine is the main account.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 02:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Registering your software
The Syncrosoft eLicenser
After installing Cubase AI you can use the program for 30
days without any restrictions. After this period, you will
have to register your program, otherwise, Cubase AI will
not run anymore.

Proceed as follows to register your program:
1. Open the Syncrosoft License Control Center (which
can be found in the Start/Programs menu under Windows
or in the Applications folder on a Mac).

2. Write down the number of the eLicenser for Cubase
AI displayed in the Syncrosoft License Control Center.

3. Launch Cubase AI and select the Registration option
from the Help menu.
The “My Steinberg” section on the Steinberg web site is opened.

4. Follow the instructions on the web site to create a user
account.
You will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm the creation of your account
in order to activate it. Just click on the confirmation link in the email.
After the confirmation, you will be able to log in to the Steinberg
customer area.

5. Go back to “My Steinberg” on the Steinberg web site,
eLicenser for Cubase AI.
You will receive an email with the activation code for Cubase AI.

6. In the Syncrosoft License Control Center open the
Wizards menu and select the “License Download” option.
Follow the instructions and enter your Cubase AI activation code.

7. Congratulations! You have successfully licensed and
registered your program and are now entitled to technical
support and kept aware of updates and other news regarding
Cubase AI.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 03:03 PM
MarcelB
Total Posts:  76
Joined  09-30-2008

Hi, I want to add something to Bad_Mister’s description: when I installed Cubase AI I had a problem: I did not receive the email. I checked and double checked everything, but without succes. Then I searched for help on the Steinberg site and found a telephone number for customer support. The guy on the other site was very helpfull and fast: the whole conversation took less than a minute, email delivery included. Great customer support.

Marcel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 04:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Absolutely, while mail and email are great, nothing beats talking with a human being/fellow musician! Good call!!! Telephone wonderful invention!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
shinenz
Joined  03-03-2009

I understand the process, the problem is that syncrosoft doesn’t bring up a number for me to write down for some reason, any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 09:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Call tech support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 12:48 PM
Kingfrog
Total Posts:  123
Joined  02-15-2009
shinenz - 07 March 2009 07:42 AM
dkeyman - 07 March 2009 12:34 AM

Good luck,

Dkeyman

I’ve been trying to install it, downloaded the latest syncrosoft installer but I’m using vista 32 bit and the syncrosoft installer won’t bring up and licensing for some reason, getting frustrated and have searched google and theres a lot a complicated answers, why can it not be easier to just install the software i got with the xs??! grrrr

Not to start a war here but.....S O N A R......Zero copy protection. Just activate when registered and the activation key works on multiple installs. They allow three computer installs but you cannot use two at one time per the agreement which is not a usual practice. Rebuild your computer? No problem, Need to do an install on a notebook and Studio desktop...No problems. I like that Cakewalk actually trusts their users and still became a company worthy of a buyout. I understand Yamaha probably wanted the MAC base and Steinberg is both MAC OSX and Windows.

I bought Cubase at one time when it had a Serial dongle. Dog got a hold of it some how and it became a chew toy. The hoops I had to jump through sent me back to Cakewalk even though at that time the Graphic presentation of Cubase was fantastic compared with Cakewalk.

Now its to opposite Cubase AI seems very bland and monotone graphically compared. I also could not load Sound Forge for Audio clip editing within Cubase which is a feature I use a lot in Sonar.

To be honest, the only reason I tried to install it and finally did BTW is because “I sell the gear and wanted to know they product” and wanted to witness a tight Mlan/Cubase setup. I have been a Sonar user to long and MLan was extremely frustrating using the same outputs as the keyboard. Woke up this morning and PC would hang on “loading user settings screen”. Went into safe mode restored to pre MLan tools point and all is well. Yamaha is lot like Sony they enjoy their proprietary technology ( we know XG didn’t catch on)but unless one has a few Mlan products, I would stick with an interface that uses a single ASIO driver that input and out put a few tracks

I went back to the USB MIDI and Firebox setup (which has 6 audio outputs) and all is well. I sell the Yamaha product and still reccommend using it the old fashion way...well actually the old fashion way is MIDI in/out/Thru ports.

Needless to say I won’t be recommending Cubase/MLan to my customers as I cannot personally support them like I can on the Tyros and arranger products,and other Yamaha product.

Believe me, I am the first they call when they have issues. I like it that way. But I also like when things work right the first time out of the box.
Kudos to Yamaha for allowing the Control Surface function to work EXTREMELY well with Sonar. Now get rid of the frustrating Copy protection, trust the user base, as did Cakewalk which became a hugely successful and respected application despite the few who copied and shared their product.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Who wants a Piano roll editor?
Next Topic:

Help with setup / Badmister pics included ››