mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Motif XS operating system features (Spring Release) - Yamaha"

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 02:59 PM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

Hi Yamaha,

In one of your other posts, you mentioned a few of the things that would be included in the next OS update.  Several users including myself have mentioned having the ability to use a mouse in conjunction with a piano roll editor in the actual Motif XS sequencer.  (Mouse to be able to quickly adjust where the individual notes are in the piano roll editor window)

Are these features planned for this or a consequent update?

Thanks so much and God bless!

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 05:01 PM
keith.roche
Total Posts:  837
Joined  01-29-2007

XS doesnt have a piano roll editor. :)
Where did you get the information that Yamaha was going to introduce them in the new OS ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We have heard the request for a piano roll editor, but the next OS update is pretty on the requests from other people to improve the sampling features.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 05:18 PM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

I didn’t get any information that they were going to introduce them in the new OS.  I wasn’t saying that they are including those features in the new OS update, I instead was asking them if those features were in the works at all ("are these features planned for this or a consequent update").

Yamaha made a post that said that they always try to listen to their customers (see below quote from recent post from them...thread 441907).  So...since that is a request that has been made in the past, I was just asking them if they were planning on putting those features into a new OS (either this next one or a consequent one).  That’s all...just hopeful because they would be great features.  God bless!

Yamaha_US - 06 March 2009 02:49 PM

We try to finish our products as much as possible BEFORE we ship them so the need for new OS updates is not so great.

We have had a number of Motif XS OS updates already and have another planned for spring.

The new OS coming in spring focuses on improvements to the sampling User Interface and adding the ability to record and playback audio directly to/from a USB memory stick. The new features we will add in part come from requests from people here on the site.

We always try to listen to our customers and if there are a large number of people here who request the ability to to create arpeggios with a mouse in the Motif XS software editor we would be happy to input this idea to the Yamaha synth planning team.

However to be honest this is the first time we have every heard this specific request.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 05:21 PM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

Just saw your post Yamaha after I made a reply to the other poster.  Thanks very much for the info about it.  I know that you guys have to work at things one at a time and you guys have certainly given us a lot of new features/sounds...very appreciated.  Thanks for taking this into consideration.  I do hope that it can be added at some point in the near future. God bless

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 07:34 PM
keith.roche
Total Posts:  837
Joined  01-29-2007

wow ! a piano roll editor !
dream come true ! :P
i’ll wait for it however long it may take.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

I’d like to have also organ roll…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS as VST in Sonar?,,Possible?
Next Topic:

Spring Software Update for the sampling function ››