mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "The Unforgetable Moment"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 01:44 PM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

hi there every one,

Since there has been some sax songs lately on the forum, i was inspired to make one.

Ejoy and let me know how bad it is ..... LOL

Cheers

File Attachments
The unforgetable Moment.mp3  (File Size: 3415KB - Downloads: 1211)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 08:51 PM
Frank
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  11-05-2002

this is sweat, i like it much.

it sounds near perfect, arrangment mix and voice selection.

its a great one.

LG Frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 03:15 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks Frank,

Appreciate the kind words.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 05:24 AM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

i musta hit replay at least 3 or 4 times....this is nice sultry. i have to admit i came in hating it without listening just because it had a sax in it. but you didn’t do it wrong.i actually play alto too and thought the sax in this was just right..for real i think if yamaha or motifator grabbed songs from mo songs i think they’ld have a hit record

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 06:09 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks bboy.

i tried a few sax and trumpet voices with this, and the new sample pack addition “Max expression” or something like that suited it the most. i also tried the same melody with flute and cello but the sax was perfect.

thanks for your comments.

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 05:25 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Yep, I like this one Hammad, really smooth.
I like the sax mainly when the drums come in.

Great job, thankd for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 07:54 PM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Hammad,

great song of a great musician.

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

I love the intro. Like the mix. I think the track functions well without any percussion. The kick seems a bit too hot in the mix. Thanks for sharing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 02:09 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks J.W and Michael,

glad you guys liked it.

DF ...

i was thinking of replacing the drum track with better drums sound and arpeggios., this is my own drum pattern. i know doesn’t suit the tempo of this song. LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 07:16 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

This is really good man.  I like it a lot.

Unfortunately, I never really like synth sax. It’s not you at all, the melody is great… I just can’t get into that synth sax sound. I’d love to hear this with a piano instead. I guess that is just my preferred instrument maybe.

The mood is great though, and the guitar sounds really good.

I’d love it if you posted a version without the melody so that I could play along at home. Not to try to do better than you or anything, just because I think it would be fun.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 07:29 PM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Like some of the others I usually hate a sax but you really used it well playing with great tenderness such a lovely melody. It reminded me slightly of a classical piece which is basically a 15th century a capella choral work sung straight with a very evocative sax obligato over the top. With your obvious love and talent for the instrument I’m sure you would enjoy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 12:16 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks jmaths

Everyone has theirown fav voices. Apiano version of the melody will be very interesting to work with.

I will try to send you this song withour sax, do you have a XS ?

thanks Yamaholic

cn you tell me the name of the ong you a re referring to.
so i can download it from torrents or 4share, if i can find it ..

cheer guys

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Hi Hnchmeena
Sorry I can’t tell you the name of the tune, I’ve only heard it on Classic FM but if it’s in the top 300 favourites it will be played over Easter so I’ll listen out for it. Just been listening to “Moment"again and the guitar playing is pretty cool as well!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

Really good stuff, my friend.  I like the mellow sax.  Not to heavy, not too light (like a soprano sax). That Max Expression sax is very cool. I guess it would be interesting to hear a piano melody but DON’T change a thing in that regard.

I have yet to create my own drum pattern, but would you mind if I ask how you went about doing so? 

One more thing (and anybody can jump in here)- I’ve created a pattern which I put to a pattern chain.  I’m thinking my next step would be to convert it into a Song.  Is that correct?  Or should I “polish it up” before doing so… you know, add effects, tweaking things, etc; or can I do that in Song edit?  Guess I’m asking, “how do I make it radio-ready like the songs all you guys produce”? 

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 12:17 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks Rajaman,

i have created the backing track for this song in pattern mode, hence the drum pattern, except for sax,guitar and electric piano which i added in song mode.

you can do the final mix in song mode for your songs. i adjust EQ for individual voice. This gives me more depth in the mix. e.g i some times raise treble for drums and bass for bass part. sax sounds better if the mid range s slightly raised. I read n article about EQ mixing some where in which they told us which EQ would be best for each sound.

i have noticed adding little reverb to each sound igves the warm effect to the voices. hope i helped.

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 03:20 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

hncheema,

Thanks for sharing the info.  Look forward to hearing more of your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Struggling through the dark
Next Topic:

Hold Up (4:33) ››