mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to create velocity volume switch"

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 12:42 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

Hi, can someone show me how to create velocity switch the volume between 2 voices? when I play soft string loud, piano soft...then when I play strong...piano loud...string soft.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005

Hey dcool

I’ve never tried to “edit” velocity switches on my MO8 before, but I believe the information you’re looking for can be located on page 158 of the manual.

There are also various pages on different editing features for the MO throughout the Manual.

Take a look, I’m sure you’ll find all you need there! If not....Keep Postiing!

Good Luck!

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 08:45 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

While a performance with simple velocity switch will allow you to play one voice for low velocities and a different one for higher velocities, these voices will not be “cross faded” - they will start or stop sounding abruptly when their velocity limits are crossed. You can create voices that include cross fading of elements, but if this would require you to do a lot of programming to combine the elements of the two voices.

A simpler method would be to program one of the voices to have an inverse velocity - playing harder makes that voice quieter - and then layering that voice with one that has a normal velocity curve.

In order to invert the velocity of a voice you need to change the Level parameter for each of the (up to 4) elements if a voice in the [VOICE]-->[EDIT]-->{element # ([1] - [4])}-->[F4] AMP-->[SF2] VEL SENS dialogs.

Having changed these parameters to a negative value, you would then store this modified voice as a user voice and then create a performance which layers this voice with the other voice (the one without its velocity sensitivity inverted).

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 05:56 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

well, thanks Brads. I’ll try it tonite

[ Ignore ]