mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "perf/arp to pattern"

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
StreetsOnBeat
Total Posts:  38
Joined  06-16-2008

The goal is to create a 2 voice performance with a drum kit and bass. My problem is that I only want one kick from the drum kit to play on all keys, any key, so that it will play with my bassline. I figure I can do this by creating an arp for my kick but im not sure, what’s the best way to do this? After creating the performance I’ll be copying it to pattern mode. I own a Motif es6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

One way to proceed (that might be more efficient) is to create a VOICE that is Bass + a fixed pitch Kick drum. You don’t mention what bass you want to use - each VOICE can have up to as many as 4 Elements… if your Bass sound has an Element available you simply can add a kick drum as the extra Element and fix its pitch across the keyboard.

Many of the Bass sounds are 2 and 3 Elements (although some use all 4 Elements for velocity swapping)… But here’s how you create a KICK drum with fixed pitch:

You can create a VOICE that is just a kick drum:
Go to [VOICE] mode (normal Voice not a drum kit)
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] INIT
Press [ENTER], [YES] to execute

This will create a Voice with a single piano wave (0001)
Press [EDIT]
Press [F1] OSC
Press [SF1] WAVE

Here you can select the Wave that you want to use for the Kick drum. The Kick drum waves start at 0972 or you can scroll down to the Wave Category and select “DR” for Drums (Bass drum waves are first)

Select the Kick drum you want

Press [F2] PITCH
Press [SF4] KEY FLW (Key Follow) which controls how the pitch changes as you go up or down the keyboard.
The default is +100 which gives you an octave of pitch change every octave of keys… Set the KEY FLW PITCH SENS = 0 and you have fixed the pitch of this wave across the keyboard.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 07:55 PM
StreetsOnBeat
Joined  06-16-2008

Yea that definitely helped I never even knew about that feature. I couldn’t find the exact bass I was using which was fat sine but I did find a sine wave. What I’m doing is applying relay to the sinewave to create an 808 type bass drum effect. But when I add this it also affects the kick, which I’d rather leave as is. I was wondering if I could add effects to each element individually?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 11:01 PM
StreetsOnBeat
Joined  06-16-2008

Nevermind, I didn’t think so. I guess I can copy the track and replace it with the kick I want with different effects. Either way I got a pretty good sound, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 03:10 PM
StreetsOnBeat
Joined  06-16-2008

After playing with it for a bit I realized I can apply these effects under feg! (although I have no idea what that stands for!). Anyway, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Problem
Next Topic:

Recording arps ES connected to PC ››