mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Query with the USB port"

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 09:57 AM
samcharles
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-05-2009

Hello

I am using m-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496. In this only midi card and analog outs are provided. My keyboard Motif XS supports the USB connection which is much more faster in data transfer and quality wise. Now that I want to use the USB to connect to Audiophile 2496. How can I customize the Audiophile 2496 to connect USB cable from the keyboard.

Earliest response is appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 10:18 AM
First Born
Total Posts:  7
Joined  03-04-2009

Not sure I totally understand what you are asking, but the XS plugs directly into your computer’s usb port on the motherboard/hub, not into the Audiophile.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 12:02 PM
RobsonLuis
Total Posts:  264
Joined  12-11-2008

The Audiophile 2496 has not a USB port, so you cannot connect USB directly to that board.

But the 2496 have a S/PDIF audio in/out and you can connect the S/PDIF output from XS to 2496 input to obtain a digital audio directly from XS.

Note: the XS volume slider not control the digital output (S/PDIF), only the analog out. So, you may have to control the volume in 2496 control panel (S/PDIF input slider).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 02:20 AM
samcharles
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-05-2009

Thanks for your prompt note.

Can i plugin the USB cable from the XS to my system?. IN that case what will be the job of the 2496?.

I want to have a quality(Professional) recording in home(only keyboard track and bass & lead guitar). These tracks will be recorded in my home and will be given to studio for voice recording and mixing.

What software is recommended? (Cubase or Sonar or Neundo or Protools)

what connection is recommeneded from the XS to PC? (S/PDIF or USB or MIDI)

If i am connecting USB, do i need to change the sound card which supports USB port?

Please help, i am babe in the field of recording and to XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha Steinberg FW WDM Audio missing ?
Next Topic:

Mac Users: How To Change XS Icons In AMS ››