mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Routing with the new vst editor"

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 02:17 PM
ejlj
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-29-2008

I have a question regarding routing with the new vst editor.  I have read the other posts regarding recording audio and midi routing.  This is what I am trying to accomplish.  I have imported a motif xs song into cubase ai4 and now would like to record live drums using a mw12 usb mixer instead of the a/d inputs on the motif.  As far as I know I can’t interface both the motif and the mixer at the same time (if I am wrong about this please let me know) because the mixer uses the directks driver and obviously the motif uses mlan.  Therefore I need the motif tracks to be in audio format in order to hear them when I am hooked up to the usb mixer.  The vst editor seems to be more user friendly and I think I would perfer to use it if there are not any specific advantages to using the studio manager version for this application.

My question is this- What is the best way to record audio tracks from my midi files so that I can use them with the above senario? Should I be using the studio manager editor instead of the vst?  I understand that mixdowns are recorded in real time.  If I use the vst editor should I make a mixdown and import it back in or is a routing solution?  Am I making this harder than it should be? Please advise.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 05:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Please see the following article: Motif XS Editor VST: A Getting Started Guide

...now posted in the SUPPORT > Motif XS > Download area.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_editor_vst_a_getting_started_guide

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Thanks for this much anticipated article and work-through on the new Editor.

I am sure this post should go elsewhere but as with any (Non-PDF) articles on the new site, I cannot print the article

“Motif XS EDITOR VST: A Getting Started Guide”

Only the outside frame prints with none of the text nor the images. This happens no matter which browser, Mac or PC is used. I even saved it as a web archive and opened it Acrobat but no go.

Copying and pasting into ‘Word’ worked but the images have to be copied individually and the article set out again. I thought someone from Keyfax might wish to know this.

Please put this post wherever you see fit.

(no funny replies please!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 06:53 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There will be a PDF version of this shortly… This was my first attempt at creating a download/article on the new Motifator 3.0

I will have the PDF ready shortly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Thanks - I am sure it a site issue but as there are a lot of Support articles here as web pages (rather than downloadable PDFs), I thought it worth mentioning.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Grooving with All things you are on XS8.
Next Topic:

Cubase AI4 Extensions ?? ››