mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User of XS8 an Yamaha N12 questions around the new YSFW drivers etc."

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 08:12 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

I have a PC with Windows Vista 32-bit and Cubase 5 installed. I use MOTIF XS8 and Yamaha N12 mixer connected via fire wire to the PC and a TYROS3 via USB.

I have installed succesfully :

Steinberg Extension for DAW version V1.5.0
Yamaha Steinberg Fire Wire driver version V1.1.0
I have installed the firmware updater V1.07 for the XS8 and
the N12. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also installed the Steinberg extension for the N12 mixer.

Also I have installed Studio Manager V2.3.0 and the XS editor V1.1.1.

It seems to work all together, still I have a feeling that it does not work the same like my old setup with mLAN tools and extension 1.4.1

It would be nice to have some info about the basic settings fro the XS8 and the settings in Cubase with respect to midi port settings and remote control setting. I want the PC (via Cubase 5.0) controlling the XS8 and the N12.

I work with audio tracks and midi tracks and the master mix will take place only with audio tracks using the N12 mixer.

Sorry for being a little vague, but I need some reassurance that I have set everything right, before I start a major job again.

Thanks in advance for some help here.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Why the increase in price?
Next Topic:

Sustain ››