mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AI4 setup"

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 02:22 AM
Randelph
Total Posts:  315
Joined  02-21-2007

Read thru the tutorial on AI4 and when I get this part I’m stumped:

--------------------
Under the “Remote Devices” folder highlight “Yamaha Motif XS”

If it does not appear click on the big “+” symbol in the upper left (below circled in red) and ADD the “Yamaha Motif XS” device.
-----------------
When I click on the + symbol, it has plenty of remote devices to choose from, just not the XS.

I’m running Windows Vista, I’ve done everything else up to this point in the tutorial (MIDI In/Out set to USB, the various ports set as instructed).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 04:10 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Make sure you have updated to the latest version of Cubase AI from Steinberg.net.

Then download and install the MOTIF XS Extensions Version 1.50 (Windows XP/Vista 32bit) or the 64 bit Vista version if you are running Vista 64.

This will setup everything for you automatically including the remote settings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 06:44 AM
Randelph
Joined  02-21-2007

Athan,
Thanks for the reply.

I’m running Vista 32 bit, am running Cubase AI4 (4.5.2), and Motif XS Extensions 1.4.1.  According to the news article associated with the 1.50 Extension, that’s only for folks that are running Cubase 5 or using Vista 64 bit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 11:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We are sure you mean you have the Yamaha “Extensions for Steinberg DAW version 1.4.1”. Version 1.4.1 installed extensions for all current Yamaha products (Motif XS, Motif Rack XS, n-Series, and KX series)… the new extensions 1.5.0 are product specific. So installing the Motif XS Extensions 1.5.0 will install just the features for your Motif XS (they decided to streamline the extensions by making them product specific).

If the Extension were installed they would automatically setup your Motif XS as your REMOTE DEVICE.

Double check that you actually installed the Extensions. In Vista you have to go to CONTROL PANELS > PROGRAMS and FEATURES

... see if you see them listed. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
Randelph
Joined  02-21-2007

cool, thanks, i successfully installed it and got the xs as a remote device.

just to let you know, what’s said is confusing on this website (and in the downloaded read me file).  on this website it says to read some info on this extension before installing it:

--------------
First, if you only want to connect a single Motif XS or Motif XS Rack to your computer and are not using either Cubase 5 or Windows Vista 64 bit, you don’t need any of the new software at all !
You should continue to use the 1.4.1 Extensions for Steinberg DAW software for Windows or OS X and either the latest USB driver or the latest AI Firewire driver for your OS
-----------------------------

Having read the above and being a AI4 user (4.5.2) on a 32 bit Vista computer with a single XS, it sounded like I didn’t need this extension.

When opening the read me file of the downloaded 1.50 extension, it says:

---------------------------------------
• MOTIF XS Extension is compatible with Cubase series (Cubase/ Cubase Studio/ Cubase Essential/Cubase AI ) Version 4.5 or later.
• MOTIF XS Extension is a specific, dedicated program within the Extensions for Steinberg DAW which provides integrated features for the MOTIF XS.
In the following situations, it is necessary to replace Extension for Steinberg DAW with MOTIF XS Extension.
- Using Cubase series version 5 or later
- Using Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver
- Using Windows Vista (64-bit)
In other situations, you do not need to replace the Extensions for Steinberg DAW with MOTIF XS Extension.
----------------------------------------

So, you can see, even this is confusing, because it says AI4 (4.5) is COMPATIBLE, but then says unless using cubase series V5, a FW driver or 64 bit Vista you don’t need to replace the Extension for Steinberg DAW with the XS 1.50 Extension.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggio Naming Conventions
Next Topic:

Pattern Chain Editing ››