mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Drivers/Firmware Query"

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 09:57 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Great to see all the new items delivered on the date proscribed - well done someone!

We want to be able to use the Motif XS with a Vista 64 machine. Therefore the 1.7 1394 firmware is required.

The question is:

By upgrading to 1.07 will we be rendering that particular XS unusable with another system we have here which is a Mac Pro with the mLan driver and an 01X connected?

At the moment, that machine with the Motif XS and 01X works fine and is very much needed for certain projects. However, we would also like to be able to wheel the XS into another room and use it with the Vista 64 machine - thus the question.

Thanks,

B

PS Additionally, I suspect one cannot revert to 1.06 firmware - correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“By upgrading to 1.07 will we be rendering that particular XS unusable with another system we have here which is a Mac Pro with the mLan driver and an 01X connected?”

No.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 11:03 AM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

Thank you - I recall a comment about this a while ago but perhaps it was regarding only the N8/12.

Regards,

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 12:35 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

This is from the “for Motif XS users” folder in the package for installing the IEEE firmware update.

Setting up on the MOTIF XS series instrument 
The operations above will add the setting “FW” for the IEEE1394 
parameter in the Utility mode on the MOTIF XS series instrument. Selecting “FW” makes the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver available. After selecting “FW,” make sure to store the Utility settings by 
pressing the [STORE] button then restart the MOTIF XS series 
instrument to enable this setting.

No sound may be produced for approximately 30 seconds after the opening display disappears when you restart (turn off and on) 
the MOTIF XS series for the first time after the “FW” setting is stored. While this condition continues (you can see “Please keep power on” on the LCD display if you are using the MOTIF XS 6/7/8), never turn off the MOTIF XS series because this condition is 
normal.

The value of the IEEE1394 parameter should be selected according to 
the driver you are using on the computer. 

For details, see below.

Value of the IEEE1394 Driver parameter 

Driver you are using on the computer :

mLAN = AI Driver or mLAN Driver / mLAN Tools 
FW =Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver

So when you switch the Motif XS from one computer to another, you will need to go to Utility Mode, SF4 - Autoload and change the setting for the Firewire driver to switch between FW and mLAN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 12:50 PM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

Excellent - that will save a few quid/bucks*

I think we have everything planned as we wanted now.

One further question if I may - I think I now understand the ‘new regime’ Am I right in concluding therefore that the 01X or an ES with mLan16 card will not be able to connect to VIsta 64?

As always, thanks for the support.

B

*Delete as appropriate

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

That’s correct.

[ Ignore ]