mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Any word yet on the 64-bit FW driver yet?"

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 11:43 PM
Viva Las Vegas
Total Posts:  77
Joined  07-09-2008

The FIXED 64 bit Steinberg MR816 driver came out today, so I was hoping the 64 bit FW would be close.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 11:59 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Nothing to get exited about.  The so-called fix adds a whooping 20 ms additional latency on input to make it work.  Don’t even try to use midi with this unless you are using direct monitoring, but then you can’t hear native effects.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 01:33 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

That driver is the YSFW driver. (multiple mLan16E2 enabled devices and MR816 to PC/Mac)

Though as SG rightly says, the latency renders it virtually unusable.

It is so bad that I was wondering whether this driver might actually require the XS connected to the MR816 and not simply the XS to the PC.

The 64 bit AI driver is imminent so I now suspect that this MR816 driver is not for the XS alone with a PC. Sorry - started typing as I realised this.

And so, in 2 minds as ever, I shall now retire gracefully.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 03:37 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

This latency is an issue only for people using a PC and running Vista 64 Bit OS with more than 4 GB of RAM in their system. 

Yamaha is fully aware that the latency is an issue and are already working on a solution.

If you look at other manufacturer’s websites , you will see that every MI computer audio manufacturer is dealing with very similar Vista 64 Bit driver issues. 

Tonite Yamaha will release a number of software updates and it’s important to keep in mind that different computer operating systems have different capabilities and limitations.

Each of you make a personal decision about what computer you purchase and what operating system you run.

Yamaha does the best it can to make the customer experience on all computer platforms and with all current operating systems a positive one, but that is not always possible due to limitations beyond Yamaha’s control.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 02:24 PM
Viva Las Vegas
Total Posts:  77
Joined  07-09-2008

Thank you Yamaha.  I am grateful that you guys are constantly trying to improve your great products.

[ Ignore ]