mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "About using my new mLAN"

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
Chezaroo
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-30-2008

I will be getting my new mLAN tomorrow and I have some ???. First off what is the max. sample rate that the mLAN driver will support and how will it effect my project setup in Cubase.  I am now working at 24 bit 96hz.

Next even if the mLAN does not sample at the rate I am working with can I set up the project at the higher rate.So that when after I import the mLAN audio into a project I can then record audio through my other interface and continue working at my prefered sample rate. 
Hope someone can answer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 03:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“what is the max. sample rate that the mLAN driver will support and how will it effect my project setup in Cubase.”

The maximum resolution and sample rate that the mLAN16E2 can operate is 24-bit/96kHz.

We are sure you meant 96kHz and not 96hz :)

Even though the internal sampler engine of the Motif XS is restricted to 16-bit/44.1kHz, when that data is output via IEEE1394/mLAN it is Sample Rate Converted to the Project’s rate.

When MOTIF XS (plus mLAN16E2) is connected to a computer directly through IEEE1394 cable, the DAW software (like Cubase) can choose the sample rate from 44.1, 48, 88.2, or 96kHz after excuting mLAN16E2 IEEE1394 firmware update V1.07… even though the internal sample rate inside MOTIF XS’s RAM is always 44.1kHz.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 03:39 PM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

U Gotta admit thats pretty slick! samplerates work as advertised,just checked

[ Ignore ]