mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "creating a custom sound bank"

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 02:40 PM
dream2u2@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  35
Joined  12-30-2008

newbie here..i want to create a custom sound bank of the new xspand your word volumes 1 and 3 and the DCP_sample pack...how would i go about doing this?..i want the sounds of 1 in bank 1..the sounds of 3 in bank 3 and the sample pack in bank 2...i then want to save all this as a custom sound bank..do i use a save all and rename it?..i am not sure..another question i have is once u power down...do u lose the samples that come with these banks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
dkeyman
Total Posts:  76
Joined  01-20-2009

I’ll defer the question about putting what you want into the separate User Banks.  But I can tell you the Motif can not hold the “sample” data in it’s internal memory once you shut it off.  The RAM memory (the dimms you added to the Motif) are cleared once the power is removed and the data must be re-loaded each time you want to load any voice(s)that use Sample data.

There is an Auto-load feature you can activate if you have saved your voice banks to a USB flash or external hard drive.  This will load up the voices and all appropriate sample data from the external device when you power on the keyboard.

Hope this helps,

Dkeyman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

There’s probably a better way to do it using the Studio Manager etc… but I loaded and renamed the files (kept getting errors before I renamed them) . Then, I followed the following instructions:

http://motifator.com/index.php/support/view/how_to_load_a_bank_of_128_voices

Last, as mentioned above: once I assembled all the banks where I wanted them, I saved it as an all file o my flash drive; and setup the XS to autoload it upon power on…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can’t Record Audio if VST Editor is running!
Next Topic:

About using my new mLAN ››