mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AKAI -> MOTIF XS, Chickensys"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 04:20 AM
quest
Total Posts:  19
Joined  03-02-2009

hi everybody,

i have read all the posts concerning the import of AKAI sound-libraries. i see, i need a translator (awave or chickensys) to convert into a motif xs-format.

so i tried chickensys, but none of the “special editions” work. they can’t be ordered anymore. this would be the best way for me :-(

does anybody know where 2 get this software instead?

i will give awave a try ...

please help,
thx
quest

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

I don’t think Translator will do it...I have the latest PRO build and it only converts to w2v and w3v files which is the original Motif....I don’t see anything within the program that will let me convert to xov which makes it pretty much a waste of a program for the XS....No idea if there is a way to convert the w2/3v files to xov...Anyone?.....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 01:37 PM
quest
Joined  03-02-2009

thanx for the info.

i tried the shareware version of AWAVE.

there i could convert, not to x0-files, but to w2v-files.
but i can only convert to mono.

any ideas???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-17-2003

Translator will convert to an XOV file.  You only get on voice translation per XOV all voice file though.  It’s supposed to allow voice conversion into existing XOV files but that does not work last I checked.  It does not support drum voices but normal voices are fine.  There are still a couple bugs on certain translations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 06:40 PM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003

I’d like to see a REAL solution for this too. I have TONS of akai libraries I’d love to use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 07:09 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

Are you sure about that Synthgeek?.....I just checked and I’m running the latest build of the Translator Pro I just picked a gigastudio file to translate and I clicked on Motif all file as destination and it doesn’t give me an XOV option...It just converts it to a w3v file which is useless for the XS.....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
Synthgeek
Joined  11-17-2003

Go to tools / format options / Yamaha / choose Motif XS then click apply.  You may have to restart Translator for it to take affect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
jrtchy
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-25-2009

I have been interested in using Chicken Sys. I downloaded the free Chicken Sys Translator and tried to find some documentation on file types, etc.

I’m referring to Version 2.9, Build 118.

There were two things that I found that might be helpful.

a. The first is a radio button in the dialog box for the “Yamaha” tab.

1. Select Tools::Format Options… from the menu.
2. Select the “Yamaha” tab.
3. There is an area called “Motif Type” in the lower-left.
4. Check “Motif XS” radio button.

b. The second implies support for x0v files.

1. Select Tools::Options…
2. Select the “View Filter” tab.
3. Towards the bottom of the list (about 90% down), there’s an item for “Yamaha Motif XS All Voice (.x0v)”.

Hopefully this helps. I haven’t been able to test anything at all since I don’t have any files to convert and I don’t have my motif xs6 here to test with.

- jrtchy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 08:07 PM
jrtchy
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-25-2009

How good is Chicken Sys Translator for translating to Motif XS?

I was thinking of buying either:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/symphonyvoices.php
(format akia, emu)

or

http://www.beladmedia.com/gio-boy2009.htm
(format kontakt)

Would these transfer well, or would I have to spend a lot of time fixing things on the Motif XS?

Best regards,

jrtchy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 08:27 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

Thanks Synthgeek!....That worked like a charm!....I sampled tons of my old keyboards many years ago (K2500,Triton,etc)to gigastudio format and I just converted the “Romance Piano” patch from the classic Triton to the XS no problem! I’ll probably be busy converting all those non drumkit patches to the XS pronto now! I should mention I was getting error messages until I right clicked the patch from the left window and selected “convert as” from there....Thanks again!...ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 03:24 AM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

I also converted a couple triton drumkits OK from Gigastudio files...They don’t go into the user drums but regular user slots which gives you limited abilities but it did map them out across the keys OK....I’ve had limited success with other formats....MV-8800 files aren’t happening quite right...Hit and miss on Kontakt files.....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 03:26 AM
quest
Joined  03-02-2009

thanks for alle the inputs :-)

@Synthgeek
@ZombieRaider

so i’ve got 1 more question:

if translator CAN convert to X0V, i’ve seen the “special edition” of translator, called

Chicken Systems Translator Motif Edition $79.95

cheaper than the complete translator i think.

would this be the right one (saving money) for me? there are no more conversions i need.

please let me know your thoughts (opinions).

thx
quest

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 08:20 AM
Synthgeek
Joined  11-17-2003

Motif edition will translate to XOV.  You just are limited to Motif and wav aiff translations.  Just wish they would fix bulk translations and support for translating files into existing XOV files.  Would be nice if it supported all waveform files and drum voices too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 12:52 AM
quest
Joined  03-02-2009

@Synthgeek

thx for advices.

i will come up again with questions - be warned :-)))

cu
quest

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2010 @ 09:45 AM
Bladerunner
Total Posts:  64
Joined  10-25-2010

I tested already “Translator” (Chicken Syst.) and “Awave Studio” with a W2A file with absolutly no success. There happens nothing in conversion. Both applications didn’t regocnize this type of file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2010 @ 01:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Bladerunner, you post this on a thread after a year and a half… I have not personally used either of those conversion programs but some have used them both with some success. Have you tried contacting the programmers directly? Apparently some people have been able to make them work… and while I’m sure nothing is totally foolproof, it would seem that the authors of the programs would be interested in getting them to work for you. You should contact them - let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2