mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS General MIDI"

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 09:43 PM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006

Part of my musical arsenal is a Korg i3 which is a MIDI arranger with dedicated buttons for intro, fills, endings, transpose, etc.

Is there a built-in General MIDI mode to put my MOTIF_XS6 into so that the MIDI output of the i3 will play the instrument sets [within reason] properly?

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 11:25 PM
lokness42
Total Posts:  59
Joined  12-04-2003

i don’t have a xs but what you are talking about is basically intro...section a: verse 1...section b: chorus...section c: etc, it’s been the same way for years.

and you have 16 sections to work with, which you can chain together then convert to song....add scene and temp changes..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 12:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“Is there a built-in General MIDI mode to put my MOTIF_XS6 into so that the MIDI output of the i3 will play the instrument sets [within reason] properly?”

Press [SONG] or [PATTERN] mode and select a blank location
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] INIT
Check the boxes that that say:
“All parameters”
and
“Initialize selected Parts to GM”
Press [ENTER] to execute.

This will setup the MIXING program so that the GM bank is selected for all 16 PARTS with the GM Drum kit assigned to PART 10.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 07:04 AM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006

Phil, thanking you in advance, i shall set that up and jack my i3 and try it out--will let you know how it goes

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ It’s the Size that Matters!
Next Topic:

Solved ››