mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif notes affect cubase controls"

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 04:33 PM
trudelo
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-27-2009

I use cubase with motif but there are some notes affecting cubase controls.. Its like if I press C or Dm...there’s windows popping !  Its the same as if I pressed play or record…

Wait for infos

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

This is a symptom when your MIDI port assignments are wrong. Unfortunately, you did not tell us anything about how you have things setup. But check your MIDI PORT SETUP… You are routing things that normally would be on the discreet REMOTE CONTROL port and mixing it with the normal MIDI communication port.

If you cannot figure it out, please provide details on what you are using and we’ll be happy to help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
trudelo
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-27-2009

I use cubase 4 AI, I downloaded everything I needed to do !  I updated firmware into my motif xs8…

The problem is when I use motifxs8 with cubase and I open motif xs VST ; first there’s notes playing without I press anything.  Second is when press play, stop or loop activation it’s like I press note on motif.  After that if I try to play on motif, there’s notes stronger than other who start to PLAY my cubase or stop it and windows for saving appears… when you say to provide details on what I’m using ; I don’t know exactly what do you mean but ; if you talks about setting.  In midi configuration ; YAMAHAmotif xs 8 -1 is check in all"MIDI INPUT”. System audio VST ; YAMAHA USB ASIO.  Actually Im not using mLAN. In transport ; my timecode source is Intern time code. DESTINATION timecodemide ; YAMAHA motif xs8-1. DESTI..clock midi ; YAMAHA motif xs8-1.

So I hope it provides enought to have an answer on ; why motifxs notes affect cubase controls ?

thanks for infos !

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 07:10 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“The problem is when I use motifxs8 with cubase and I open motif xs VST ; first there’s notes playing without I press anything.  Second is when press play, stop or loop activation it’s like I press note on motif.  After that if I try to play on motif, there’s notes stronger than other who start to PLAY my cubase or stop it and windows for saving appears… when you say to provide details on what I’m using ; I don’t know exactly what do you mean but ; if you talks about setting.  In midi configuration ; YAMAHAmotif xs 8 -1 is check in all"MIDI INPUT”. System audio VST ; YAMAHA USB ASIO.  Actually Im not using mLAN. In transport ; my timecode source is Intern time code. DESTINATION timecodemide ; YAMAHA motif xs8-1. DESTI..clock midi ; YAMAHA motif xs8-1.”

If you are not using mLAN then we have to ask why are you attempting to use the Motif XS VST? What is your audio interface? Do you actually have one. You say you have the “System audio VST” set to Yamaha USB ASIO but you don’t mention what the Yamaha ASIO interface is???? The Motif XS does not use the USB-ASIO driver.

Are you using a Yamaha MW board? a Yamaha MG board? or a Yamaha AudioGram? Those are examples of audio interfaces that would use the Yamaha USB ASIO driver. If you do not have one of those and you do not have an audio interface, then you cannot use the Motif XS VST Editor, effectively.

Please provide these details about your setup and we are sure we can help you.

As we said before, you are getting sounds when you “press anything” because your MIDI Ports are set improperly. EVENTS that are typically used for REMOTE CONTROL functions are winding up on the same port as your normal MIDI events.

When you go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP… In the column on the far right - make sure that only the “Yamaha Motif XS8-1” is selected in that column.

Make sure that the “Yamaha Motif XS8-2” is not, repeat is NOT marked in the IN ALL INPUTS column… port 1 is a valid MIDI INPUT, (Port 2 is reserved for REMOTE CONTROL).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FIrmware install
Next Topic:

Just a thought...DIMMS ››