mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Protools 8 OSX midnam"

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 12:35 AM
mrjfox
Total Posts:  9
Joined  09-04-2003

Hello everyone. My problem is I am having the hardest time getting the midnam file to work with OSX (10.5.6).  I have a xs6 and downloaded the midnam from digicake.  I can get it to work flawlessly with my pc (just point protools to the midnam file).  But when I try to open the same midnam on my mac, it gives me an error like… midnam doesn’t match instrument.  I read through the digidesign forum and tried modifying the protools middev file but to no avail.

I love the way cubase ai 4.5 and my xs6 work together, but I’ve spent years on protools and I’d hate to have to learn a new DAW… but if I must, I must.

Hopefully someone knows the fix…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 10:01 PM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

I was trying to make a midnam a while back (Protools 7.1). I never finished with getting everything perfected.  However, I noticed that I got the error message that you received while trying to hook the motif xs up via usb for midi.  When I took the USB cable out and just used the midi in/out on the motif going thru a usb midi interface, the error message was gone and it linked to the midnam.  I haven’t since had time to really get into this issue, but at least maybe this will give you a start…

God bless.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 03:54 AM
zisidisnikos
Total Posts:  57
Joined  09-22-2008

you have the midinam mac os version?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 09:27 AM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

This is the one that I downloaded from digicake.  I believe that it works.  Give it a whirl…

File Attachments
Yamaha_MOTIF_XS_pt7.4.midnam.zip  (File Size: 16KB - Downloads: 251)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 11:04 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

KJandKT:

This is the one that I downloaded from digicake.  I believe that it works.  Give it a whirl…

sorry - My English no so good

What is this whirl thing?

Can I download him?

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 12:36 PM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

I would have fallen for that Boulez...as I am very gullible...delirium has gotten me on more than one occasion!  Except that you said, “Can I download “him” instead of “it”!  And of course I listed the link right below that sentence! and...you post a lot so I have seen your “laudable” English!!!

But to make you laugh...I almost didn’t get it at first

To everyone else...enjoy the link to the midnam.  Hopefully that works for most of you protools users.  Now if I could figure out how to write a midnam that would list and work with the performances as well, that would be cool.

Have a blessed and happy day!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 01:36 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Ha! - Well done you.

Actually, as I deal frequently with non-English speakers, I am perhaps excessively eager to avoid idioms which do not translate very well. I suppose a quick Google would reveal their meaning anyway.

I must admit however, I do not know what a Midnam is.

Regards,

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2009 @ 02:25 PM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

oh…

Well a midnam, is the file that protools uses so that you are able to access the banks of sounds from an instrument like the motif, triton or any other sound module...so that you can call up a patch in your sequencer. 

It may be exclusive to protools on the mac...not sure.

Have a great day boulez!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOTIF xs8 ; USB/mLan/Cubase4Ai
Next Topic:

Arp Timings ››