mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "access/load arpeggios/multis XSpand Bank 1"

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 06:06 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

How do you access/load arpeggios and multis from XSpand Bank 1?

Possible?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 11:37 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

No, the Rack XS cannot load user information like that. The factory Arps are cooked into it and cannot be over-written.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 01:57 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Thanks.
Huh, do you think the same for loading Multis?  Or are these multis in bank 1 containing arps and voices that are non-factory?

I know it’s my own ignorance for not acquiring the right info when first purchasing the rack, but it’s seeming more and more like an eventual dead end due to this “no sample RAM” thing. 
I had misinterpreted “no sampler” as meaning, no “sampler” in the OS and no audio in.  I guess I had assumed that samples and the like could be “loaded.”

Was there a reason Yamaha decided to not include this option?  Like I was saying, it wouldn’t require an audio-in port to have sample RAM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 02:57 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You can load multis into the Motif XS Rack unit and as long as the multis use voices that utilize the preset arpeggios they will work just fine…

Yamaha has been consistent in the fact that one of the differentiators for the keyboard version of Motif products is that they include the ability to record and/or load samples while the rack units do not.

Similarly, none of the Motif class rack units can load user arpeggios.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 03:46 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Yes, it is clear, just was wondering why and why not =)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Fun Idea
Next Topic:

Motif Rack XS Editor problem ››