mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HOW TO EXPORT A WAV. FROM THE MOTIF"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 03:55 PM
trudelo
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-27-2009

Hello guys,

I just Had a Motif XS8 a couple of days before and I want to know ; how to export a wav. from the motif.  For example ; Make a demo on CD or put this track on a MP3 player.  Do I absolutely need cubase to do this or just a USB cable can do the job.  And I want to know to how can I put a sample into the motif ? 

Thanks for all infos,

Alex.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 04:59 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Question 1 first: the perfect way is to install memory (DIMM)
of at least 256Mb (1Gb possible) and to ‘resample’ your song
or pattern into memory.
Then save the WAV on USB stick and walk to your PC ......

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 05:06 PM
trudelo
Joined  02-27-2009

Ok so I can plug an extern hard disk into the motif and save the file into it ; so how do I proceed with the motif to save the song?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 06:28 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Check out the following article from the Support pages of this site: How to make a Wav or aiff for cd/mp3 creation.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 09:52 PM
trudelo
Joined  02-27-2009

DO I absolutely need DIMMs card to create Wav. ? And If I get myself a DIMM card how do I export wav. from DIMM to PC ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, you need DIMM memory to create a .wav file.  After you install the DIMM, just follow the instructions in the support document Bard pointed to above.  It has everything you need to know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 10:18 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

If you want the Motif XS sound, you must record its audio output. You can either use the resampling method described in the article I pointed you to (which requires that purchase and install the sample memory - two DIMM memory modules) or you can record the audio output directly on your computer.

To use the second approach, you must have an audio connection between your XS and computer. This can be either an analog connection (from the XS’s Main L&R;analog outputs to your computer’s sound input) or a digital connection. The digital connection options for the Motif XS are either the S/PDIF Digital output which is standard for all XS’s or an mLAN connection - which is standard for the XS8, but requires you to purchase and install an mLAN16e2 module for the XS6 or XS7. Regardless of the audio connection, you would then use a sound recording program or DAW to record the output of the Motif XS and then export that recording as an *.wav file.

If you use the first method (resampling) then you would transfer the *.wav file to the computer by either saving it to a USB device and then connecting that device to your computer or you can connect the XS to your computer via Ethernet, mount one of your computer’s disks to the XS and then save the *.wav file to that disk.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 10:37 PM
slipnote
Total Posts:  20
Joined  01-19-2005

Did I also read that USB direct record will be available with the next OS update?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 05:27 AM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

>>>Did I also read that USB direct record will be available with the next OS update?

yes, and direct internet access to publish a song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 08:28 AM
keith.roche
Total Posts:  837
Joined  01-29-2007

[TESTING]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 02:14 PM
keith.roche
Total Posts:  837
Joined  01-29-2007

Yes, thats what I also read.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 02:21 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002
slipnote - 27 February 2009 10:37 PM

Did I also read that USB direct record will be available with the next OS update?

Yes, the next OS will have this feature. 

Also you need to ignore any comments by Delirium on feature sets.  If you are new to the forum, you may not understand his sense of humor and get confused by taking him seriously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 04:33 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Could you develop a special sign next to the avatar for cases like Delirium.
I was thinking of a little jester.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 05:36 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

that’s funny...:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 03:58 AM
slipnote
Total Posts:  20
Joined  01-19-2005

re: Yes, the next OS will have this feature

That is great news. Thanks.

re: Also you need to ignore any comments by Delirium on feature sets.

I don’t think those last three words were necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
HappyHarryNET
Total Posts:  488
Joined  12-10-2006
trudelo - 27 February 2009 03:55 PM

Hello guys,

I just Had a Motif XS8 a couple of days before and I want to know ; how to export a wav. from the motif.  For example ; Make a demo on CD or put this track on a MP3 player.  Do I absolutely need cubase to do this or just a USB cable can do the job.  And I want to know to how can I put a sample into the motif ? 

Thanks for all infos,

Alex.

Alex, all your questions have indeed already been answered above.

I just wanted to comment on MY experience using my XS6 with regards to saving .WAV files.

The XS gives you options which is nice. Yes, you must have DIMMs installed and yes you must resample your recording.

Don’t forget you have a MIXER onboard to tweak and clean things up before you resample that arrangement out to WAV. And, when you do resample, I have found using the +6db feature to be a real plus!

Don’t forget you can SAVE directly to any PC/MAC that is on your LAN when your MOTIF is connected via ethernet 10/100 and properly configured. It’s fast and easy!

I’ve used USB stick for a long time and although it’s slower than a hard drive or the LAN, it certainly doesn’t take THAT much time to save and it’s easy to unplug and take to your computer to drag over and convert to MP3 using whatever utility you use to do that.

Also, MP3-people, don’t forget to use a MP3 tag editor to endorse your music files with your name, copyright, genre, etc., or whatever you want people to see in their media players when your song plays. I use MP3 Tag Tools (freeware).

I like this new blog-style forum! Way to go Yamaha team! Athan, Phil, Tony, Blake and let’s not forget BERT! You guys are the best. Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mutes in Pattern Mode
Next Topic:

ABBA Synth Sounds ››