mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif,mLAN,Cubase,SoundCard"

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
JohnyFine
Total Posts:  6
Joined  02-25-2009

I would like to ask for help with configuration Motif XS a mLAN16E2 a RME Fireface800 for Cubase 4.5.2.
I need to use all instruments together in the same project.
I need to send tracks (mLAN1 - mLAN16) from Motif XS to mix it in “Mixer” Cubase.
In the same time I would like to use all other extrene instruments (EX5, FS1R) which are routed into Master ASIO card RME.
Is it technological possible or it works only with sound card Steinberg MR816?
Best regards!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you want to record everything at the same time it is not going to be possible. You can only select one ASIO driver at a time.

So the IEEE1394 Firewire driver for the mLAN16E2 and the driver for the RME will not be able to be used simultaneously.

If you transfer your Motif XS tracks to your DAW first, you can then in a separate session use whatever you wish to record the rest of it. But the two together is not a possibility.

Of course, the Steinberg MR816-series units use the same IEEE1394 Firewire driver as your mLAN16E2 so those can, indeed, work together. With an MR816 and your Motif XS w/mLAN16E2 you can do exactly as you wish; i.e., record all things simultaneously.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 07:43 PM
JohnyFine
Joined  02-25-2009

Thanks for your answer,

Im surprised that Yamaha has not already developed driver which would allow to use MotifXS together with DAW connected to professional sound card (RME, APOGEE,PrismSound...). Rival company KORG, ACCESS offer this possibility nowadays - (KORG M3 - 6xOUT, ACCESS VirusTI 4xOUT) directly into Cubase using FW or USB cabel while as well using driver of external ASIO card.

Is Yamaha developing some driver of the same qualities?
Are these possibilities coming soon as well for MotifXS constructed by Yamaha?

Best regards,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 04:41 PM
JohnyFine
Joined  02-25-2009

Are these possibilities coming soon as well for MotifXS constructed by Yamaha?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yamaha has developed a digital output bus that gives you 16 audio outputs. And this can be used with any DAW that can use an ASIO driver.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
JohnyFine
Joined  02-25-2009

You are rigt but…
If I want to work in DAW with RME card and MotifXS+mLAN16E2 together it is not possible.
Why Yamaha has not developed such a qualit VST Editor for MotifXS which would have same quality and easy integration of Audio ports like VST Editor for Korg M3, Access VirusTI etc…
Is Yamaha developing VST Editor with same possibilities and qualities of integration audio from MotifXS to DAW whan using RME (ASIO sound card)?
May we expect something like this in the future?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 11:52 AM
JohnyFine
Joined  02-25-2009

You are rigt but…
If I want to work in DAW with RME card and MotifXS+mLAN16E2 together it is not possible.
Why Yamaha has not developed such a qualit VST Editor for MotifXS which would have same quality and easy integration of Audio ports like VST Editor for Korg M3, Access VirusTI etc…
Is Yamaha developing VST Editor with same possibilities and qualities of integration audio from MotifXS to DAW whan using RME (ASIO sound card)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 12:14 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

You can use the Steinberg interfaces and multiple Motif XS and racks in the same system on both MAc and PC with the Yamaha Steinberg driver.  We understand that you would like use the RME, but it’s not really surprising that we focused on integration with Steinberg.

Second, some of this is an issue of the computer OS.  It is possible on the Mac to aggregrate devices using the Audio/MIDI setup (this means combining multiple audio devices/driver like the Motif XS and the RME).  So if you are on a Mac running the latest MAC OS this is already possible.

There is some talk of Windows 7 being able to aggregrate audio as well.

So Yamaha is watching these OS developments closely to determine the best way to develop drivers in the future.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 01:38 AM
Kingfrog
Total Posts:  123
Joined  02-15-2009
JohnyFine - 15 March 2009 11:52 AM

You are rigt but…

I ran into the same issue with the Firebox. Sometimes a company buying another company moves towards the goal of proprietary use, We see that with Sony and back in the XG days when Yamaha was not getting on board with General MIDI. I enjoy Yamaha, I sell Yamaha products and consider them the best from the Disclaviars to the Motifs. However I never cared for Steinberg since their serial port dongles. I never understood why they were so bent up about copy protection when Cakewalk was successful for all these years without any interference in the SW. In any case Yamaha wants Mlan to be a proprietary driver only to be used with Yamaha owned product such as Steinberg’s hardware. We on the Windows/Sonar side of things will have to wait for software to allow multiple ASIO drivers and VST3 implementation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2009 @ 04:09 AM
Tony Chung
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04-11-2009

This is definitely not the right forum for this, but a lot of manufacturers (Yamaha included) eventually stop supporting old products. I shelled out a good chunk of coin in 1999 for the Yamaha DS2416 DSP Factory sound card.

It was the O1/V digital mixing processor in a PCI card. It had everything one could want: 16 audio channels, separate DSP hardware, built in effects processors, digital i/o, links to second DSP factory and XG synth cards and breakout boxes with external analog i/o.

However, because this was pre Yamaha/Steinberg, the ASIO drivers were poor, and the latency was terrible. I think I eventually worked as low as 225ms in Cubase, when forum posts from others using Sonar boasted 11-12ms.

Eventually the system died a quiet death. Drivers stopped being updated and released. Links from search engine results error out 404. It’s like the beast never existed.

Strategic partnerships in business aren’t new, but can cause inconveniences, especially when the partnerships change so drastically. I thought about switching to ProTools, but with Yamaha pulling out the stops for Steinberg, I think I’ll be singing the Cubase praises for a little while longer.

Now, about those updated DS2416 ASIO drivers...?  LOL!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XSPAND Guitars - Congrats!
Next Topic:

MOTIF not syncing in Studio Manager ››