mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vista 64bit AI Driver?"

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 08:16 PM
searlstudio
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-17-2007

I noticed this thread in the Archive, but not here so I thought I’d revive the question.  Any update on the 64bit AI Driver?

Also I want to comment on the note below from Bad Mister back in October.  It’s obvious that the note (not necessarly Bad Mister) lacks vision.  To imply that in the coming months more of us will have no need to engage more than 2Gigs of RAM per machine is short-sighted.  I can’t even pull up some of my heavy plugins without them being networked or having my current 8Gigs on a 64 bit system.  However it would be nice if the thousands of dollars I paid for the Motif XS8 actually allowed me to use all of the functionality on current systems.  And certainly I would never have made the insensitive (OK dumb) comment as the one below to someone who has shelled out hard-earned cash for workstation/interface that can’t be used as such.

Stephan

-----------------------------------------------------------
“Re: Vista 64bit AI Driver!!!!

Frankly, there is no real rush to go 64-bit, the majority of computer users and (by far) the majority of musicians are not ready for full 64-bit audio path… so if you were born to soon, sorry. They will probably cure old age just when you are too old to benefit ... that’s how it goes “

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 08:33 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We have been told that March 3rd is the date for the release of the Vista 64 bit drivers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 08:35 PM
searlstudio
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-17-2007

Great news, and quick reply.  Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bad Mister PDF documents
Next Topic:

Xspanded troubleshooting ››