mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Key Repairs"

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 04:43 PM
strider531
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-25-2009

Hello all,

I recently purchased a used Yamaha Mo6 but when I received the unit, 3 keys were non-functioning. I’m new to keyboards so I’m not sure if this is a common problem but the keys in question basically sit lower than the others and do not depress and are very loose. It’s as if a spring (or screw) that holds up the keys is non existent. I’ve also attached a picture which hopefully shows you the problem. My question is: how do I go about fixing this? Is this something that I can do on my own or should I have a professional take a look at it? What parts would need to be replaced and a possible procedure would also be helpful. Thanks in advance.

MP

*Edit: having trouble uploading the photo.  Hopefully the words alone give you an idea.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Unfortunately, you have three broken keys. They will need to replaced. If you are a service technician (or are so inclined) you could fix them yourself, but if you are not adept at this kind of thing, it is well worth getting it done by a professional.

You did not tell us where in the world you are, but you can certainly find an authorized Yamaha repair center by contacting your regional Yamaha distributor.

If you are in the USA, you can go to http://www.yamaha.com/usa

Look under “Service & Support” > Music & Sound Products > Keyboards & Digital Instruments

There you will find all the information about service and you will even find a search engine for SERVICER LOCATOR (by your Zip Code). Or you can simply call and speak to someone.

Typically, when a key does not come up it has been broken… so it will not return to normal level.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2009 @ 01:42 AM
Didymus
Total Posts:  1
Joined  06-05-2009

Hello, all - I’m new to the boards…

Bad_Mister,

Do you perchance have a .pdf of the service manual for the MO8, or should I beg the phone rep like I did for the P120S?

Or, if anyone else has it / I can obtain it - can’t we get this posted to the “Manuals” page?  I wouldn’t have attempted removing the keys on my other board without such a comfort.  I think it would help the cautious do-it-your-selfers if the repair manuals were listed for all the products.

Thank you,
Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

I second this request, thanks. Or at least the pages of how to disassemble & clean & re lubricate balanced hammer action keys. I now have 3 keys that occasionally don’t bounce back quickly (or at all). All I can do so far is poke around under them with a bent paper clip and vacuum and blow them out, which works but have to re-do it almost every week. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2009 @ 10:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

As far as I know you have to be a qualified service center to get a hold of the Service Manuals - particularly on current product. Yamaha for many reasons (safety being the primary one) does not want customers servicing their own units. The service centers are qualified and have certification to work on your gear.

At any rate, I cannot help with Service Manuals, sorry.

If you are here in the U.S. you can contact Yamaha Service through the http://www.yamaha.com/usa website.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using MIDI THRU
Next Topic:

MO6/8 out of production ››