mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My first music with Motif XS - Ship of the Imagination"

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 12:15 AM
Wilmar Jr
Total Posts:  20
Joined  02-14-2009

This is my little tribute to the astronomer Carl Sagan and his Cosmos series. With his “ship of the imagination,” Carl led millions of viewers to the other corner of the Universe at a glance, through fascinating worlds of dreams and facts. Besides the pictures, the trip offered the wonderful music of composers such as Vangelis, Vivaldi, Pachelbel, Synergy, Holst, etc..

“Ship of the Imagination” was composed by me with the Yamaha Motif XS workstation.

Watch the video in youtube too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1BkpBRlcQ4&fmt=18

File Attachments
SHIP OF THE IMAGINATION2.mp3  (File Size: 11908KB - Downloads: 359)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 04:27 PM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

Hey nice.

I liked all of the layering. Makes it so hard to focus on just one element. Kind of sucks you in to a reflective state, but you keep the layers changing so that it doesn’t repeat much.

I like the choir voices near the end. They sound really huge. Not sure which preset voice that is, as I haven’t played much with the choirs. Now I will, though.

I think that the guitar near the end was a bit too quantized. The quantization really fit the rhythmic electronic layers, but maybe should have let the guitar be a little loose and human like. I think it is neat that, after all of those futuristic layers, you end on an instrument like a guitar. That gives this song a feel that machines make a lot of the imagining possible, but imagination is still a human thing.

Thanks for uploading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 10:10 PM
Wilmar Jr
Joined  02-14-2009

It was very nice to know that you like of my composition, Bsmart.

I appreciated your consideration and your feedback. It is good to know that all the work I had with Ship of the Imagination is being recognized by people from so many places, so many different cultures.

I will not lie to you: It was not easy to finish this composition. There were many editions, remixes ... almost everything in XS. I believe I took this incredible machine to a good level.

I agree that the electric guitar was a bit quantized, but many people could not said if it’s real or a voice from XS.

The choir is called Nativity. I used some filters and settings in it and a bit of reverb to get that “huge”.

Finally, the guitar is a counterpoint to the mystery that the Nativity invoked. It is a simple and organic solution (or not) to a complex question such as that suggested by Carl. I loved that end too.

Thanks again.

Wilmar Morari Junior

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 10:28 PM
CesarSound
Total Posts:  572
Joined  12-25-2005

Ola Wilmar,

I am brazilian too. I liked your song, very well done.

I also have watched the video on YouTube, very nice, wonderful images in perfect harmony with the song.

I’m also fan of Carl Sagan, I have the complete Cosmos Series in original DVDs.

My suggestion is that you post this song on MoSongs section here in this site. There you will find nice guys that will listen your song and will comment or even so giving some tips to improve something. I have poste some songs there and I enjoyed it.

Best Regards,
Julio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 10:44 PM
Wilmar Jr
Joined  02-14-2009

E aí, Julio, beleza?

I am glad that you enjoyed Ship of the Imagination, dude.

I would also like to put the music on MoSongs, but it seems that the new Motifator not yet enables uploads.

Once the site back to normal, I will do that.

Thank you again,

Wilmar.

PS. Você participa da comunidade tecladistas do orkut? Se sim, eu sou o Bareta.

Oh… I have the complete Cosmos Series in original DVDs too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 11:08 PM
CesarSound
Total Posts:  572
Joined  12-25-2005

Wilmar,
eu nao participo desta comunidade, mas qualquer hora vou fazer uma visita por lá.

Julio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 06:53 PM
RobsonLuis
Total Posts:  264
Joined  12-11-2008

Hi, Wilmar!

I´m brazilian too.
Very good your work.
I´m a Carl Sagan´s and Vangelis´ fan too!

(Alô, Wilmar
Eu sou brasileiro também.
Muito bom o seu trabalho.
Também sou fã de Carl Sagan e Vangelis!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 04:24 PM
Wilmar Jr
Joined  02-14-2009

Thanks, Robson.

Im very happy for your support.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I have good reasons to believe...
Next Topic:

midi out \ thru merge ››