mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "This new site is awful!"

Page 1 of 5
Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 10:49 AM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  402
Joined  11-11-2004

Sorry Keyfax, but this site looks TERRIBLE! I used to enjoy visiting the old site, it was easy to understand and user friendly. I will echo what others have already stated by saying “THIS IS A MESS!” I have no desire to come back to this site other than to buy a voice library or accessory (if needed). What a shame, you guys fixed (destroyed) something that wasn’t broken.

Enjoy this mess!

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
Steve369
Total Posts:  47
Joined  09-23-2008

I kind of agree with you tmg1968.  I was also happy with the old one.  Yet I do find some good things about the site: for one thing everything appears to be on this site so far.  I no longer have to load up “Yamaha Synth” for updates; at lease this is what I assume.  Overall...I’d still choose the old one over this one, but maybe I’m just not use to this one yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 11:20 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

One thing is for sure, and I guess worht hoping for, is that if and when the ENTIRE site is fully working, this will be awsome, with all the cool features.
Right now, I’m just concerned about the songs showing up as “index” when you play them on the computer,,,and speaking of songs, that song player thingy looks cool, hope to be able to try it out, if and when they get it fixed.

I think were going to get chat, and who knows, maybe even video/chat,,,that would be outstanding, for collaborations and such.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 06:25 AM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005

I commiserate with Terry.  Waiting for everything to be fully functional is a bit long.  A great idea that wasn’t exactly executed as planned. I’m still crossing my fingers.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 07:12 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Finally some of the bits are coming on-line - I particularly wanted the archive to be visible.

Can someone reply to an archive post and if so where is that post then viewable?

What about the collected wisdom of Bad Mr on so many topics - where will those threads be located - leaving them in the archive is surely not the best place when so many of Phil’s posts have current value for many? Same for Brad’s major resource post which listed so many useful threads on so many issues.

I still can’t find my old PMs - I generally kept a lot of these cos they were important to me, but all are gone currently - will they return?

Lastly for now - I loved the fact that I could click on Motifator in my address bar and not then have to log in every time - the cookies took care of that. Will that level of functionality return - many of us miss it.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 10:47 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Dave,

If you want to access your old PMs there is a “backdoor” way to do this. Simply go to one of Keyfax’s other sites and set the “?cat=” parameter in the url to “?cat=1,2,4”. This will give you access to both the old forums and your PMs (and bookmarked threads). For example go to http://www.01xray.com/forums/index.php?Cat=1,2,4 .

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 03:26 PM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

Brad, that is a work of some genius - thanks matey.
I shall try that tonight, get the relevant info I need and remain very happy.

I was just wondering too how to access the other sites - are they going to be going through a similar transition soon?

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

As Plato said “Necessity is the mother of invention.”

;^)

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

Brad,

thanks mate, that worked like a charm.
Got the info I needed urgently. I just hope that for the future we’ll be able to access those old PMs like we can access archived threads.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 07:54 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

I see that the numbers of posts has been restored!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 08:50 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Now when do the long time service medal people get their “Guru” status back?? :) :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

That status is only given to a select few. LOL
Besides I happen to love my status<<<<<<<< Master of FUNK!!!!!
I’ve surpassed my mentors,, in other words I stink so GOOD. LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

Looks like if you changed your username, like I did, you arent getting the post count that the old username made. But it still shows your “joined” date correctly.

ps. formerly gutwrench (if you didnt know) :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 12:48 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

Btw this site is NOT a mess. Its a few fixes from being a VERY cool community. Whining cause things are different is what old ladies do.

looks like the post count for people who revised their username is fixed. Good job!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 07:06 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

......and our Guru status is restored too!  And Brad is re-instated in his rightful place as Jedi Knight!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Strange though...my # of posts at SNinety.com are currently/still 4724, while here they are 4232. That’s 500 hard earned posts that are missing. :) Anybody else’s total ‘wrong’?? Looks as if Wellie’s total, for one, is also low. ..........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 5