mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance question"

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 08:42 AM
RonaldB
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-20-2009

I am a happy Motif XS 7 owner since this weekend and so far I am very pleased with this new machine. I have discovered most of the voices that I frequently use pretty much so I wanted to dive into the exploration of performances. I have seen movies on YouTube that convinced me to go for this machine. With 355 Mb of ROM sounds I expected quite a few build-in examples to explore but I found none. I also own a korg Triton LE wich has the same concept of Programs and Combi’s. I know how to compose a performance but I expected a wealth of build in combinations of sounds and ARP’s as a starting point. I can not imagine they are not in. How do I get there as the manual (with all respect) does describe the individual parameters but hardly ever comes with an example so as a tutorial it’s crappy. Any help or direction is much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 12:48 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

With all respect, you should spend a bit more time with the Manual as it will take you through exactly what you are looking for… although they are not called Programs and Combis. There are 384 PERFORMANCES, so when you say you are looking for built-in examples, I think you should be able to find some :)

The best way to learn how to build your own is to first study the ones provided by the factory. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
RonaldB
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-20-2009

Hey Bad_Mister,

The question was entitled Performance question so I was talking about performances in the Motif XS. I used the word Combi as the Korg equivalent. In general I see a lot of ‘experts’ on this forum reffering the newbies to read the pages in the manuals. All my performances were labeled as User and all they had in was Grand Piano for all 4 parts. That’s what confused me. Actually I solved it because I found the hint on another forum. After I bought my Motif XS7 (second hand) I found it was not running the latest firmware so I upgraded it. The upgrade went OK but no performances showed up. The big trick was to press job - utility - enter to perform a restore of the factory settings. That’s not mentioned anywhere in the chapter Performances of the user manual ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 06:15 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We think you’ll find that there is lots of fun stuff to play with now that you actually have the factory Performances.

384 Performances with 4 Grand Pianos in each and no arps probably didn’t sound so impressive .

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help! Autoload sounds from soundbanks
Next Topic:

Studio Manager ››