mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS8 network connection on Vista"

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
MisterR
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-30-2008

Hi, Somoene can explain me how I can get the network connection working? I have a desktop and a laptop running on Vista. My 2 computers are connect on a Dling dir-655 router. I’ve connect my motif on the router. With DHCP enable on my motif, I cannot see or connect to my conputer. The only hardware that I can see on the motif are my Brother network laser printer! I have shared a folder on my desktop an I can acces it using my laptop but not using the motif. Thanks for your help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
Total Posts:  47
Joined  09-04-2008

MisterR -

Here are the things that caused me problems when I was trying to connect the XS to my PC…

Check the PC and see if there is a firewall enabled.  If there is a firewall, then disconnect from the public internet from the PC and disable the firewall.  Any time that you disable your firewall or virus protection it is a good idea to disconnect from the internet. 

Once the firewall is down, see if the connection from the XS works.  If the connection works, then you will need to allow the IP address of the XP bidirectonal access to your PC through the firewall. 

If you try these things and the connection still does not work, revisit the user manual and verify your steps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 11:31 AM
MisterR
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-30-2008

Thanks but my windows firewall was already disabled. I’m not using any software firewall on my pc.
Yesterday, I have mount a windows xp under VMware for testing and my XS can see it. So, I think that my XS settings are fine but I can’t identify the problem on vista.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 12:34 PM
CrocAUS
Total Posts:  421
Joined  03-04-2009

i think this is worth small bump, there seem to be issue with motif <> vista
i can access shares on xp and linux samba shares also all hosts are visible when i hit “list” button on motif but not vista systems.
entering vista host name or ip still get you nowhere.

is there anyone with solution ?

TIA

Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 12:48 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

run msconfig on Vista from start and in tools tab disable UAC, just to start with.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 01:01 PM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

uac is off from day one, this isn’t related to uac.
all other systems are able to see my vista workstations, motif is the only device that got issue with it :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 01:39 PM
delirium
Joined  11-16-2006

>>>uac is off from day one, this isn’t related to uac.

potentially could be, but you made me curious and switched my host from XP to Vista and indeed XS couldn’t see it although I could ping XS from vista. Anyway everybody agree Vista sucks so no sense to waste time for this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 02:44 PM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

saying that vista sucks is not very helpfull and is nothing more but silly, sure like any os there are some issues but there is many things that are great about vista and claims that everybody agrees about vista being rubbish couldn’t be further from the truth.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
delirium
Joined  11-16-2006

totally agree. but wait for windows 7.
Vista is worse then XP.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 03:30 PM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

this isn’t the place to argue about what os is better but you just posted another silly claim which is hard to ignore when you know it is nonsense.

there are things xp can’t do that vista can and for many people going back to xp is just not an option.

but once again this thread is about motif network issue and lets hope we see solution in here soon so please keep it on topic from now on.

for now i mounted smb share from my linux box but it is not my 24/7 system so i hope someone out there will figure out what is the problem

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
delirium
Joined  11-16-2006

vista is not XS ready.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 12:09 AM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

oh boy....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 06:48 AM
penguin
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-27-2009

I think I know why the LAN connection from Vista to the XS does not work out-of-the-box - although I still didn’t get it to work:

Windows Vista re-activated an old security policy from Windows NT 4 called NTLMv2 which uses a differnt password negotiation. As it was not taken over into W2K and later Windows XP as the default setting, most SMB devices simply don’t support NTLMv2. But you can re-enable the more common NTLM (although, as mentioned before, this did not solve my problem for now and I still can’t see my Vista PC from the motif while the other way it works fine):

http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS4434907782.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 05:03 AM
zisidisnikos
Total Posts:  57
Joined  09-22-2008

is not working and with my windows xp...he work one time and now stop..

please enybody the steps for ethernet connection xs to pc? the numbers of IP ? i connect the XS without router..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
mwpowellhtx
Total Posts:  15
Joined  05-28-2012
delirium - 08 March 2009 02:57 PM

totally agree. but wait for windows 7.
Vista is worse then XP.

This is several years ago, but don’t be fooled: Windows 7 is Vista with repackaging.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ voice arpeggio in a pattern
Next Topic:

Motif XS - Megavoices - Megaenhancer ››