mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "voice arpeggio in a pattern"

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 07:15 PM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

Hi experts
I’m trying to make a pattern phrase from a voice which when played as a voice contains an arpeggio but when the voice is recorded into a pattern the arpeggio doesnt work. Is p66 of the manual the way to go ? I might have done it wrong but it didn’t work.
Thanks for any help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 10:05 AM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

ok it’s sorted, manual gives the answer but not all in one place.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 10:11 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

would you mind letting me know where/how you found this please.

or

Just tell me how to do it! :))_

Thanks,

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 01:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

How to select a VOICE in the SEQUENCER so that it copies the assigned Arpeggios

Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select [1]-[16] to select the PART where you wish to assign the VOICE in question
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Cursor down to “Param. with Voice” and set this to ON

Cursor up and now select your VOICE.

If you select the VOICE with “Parameter with Voice” set to ON, then your sound will automatically come in with your Voice mode parameters setup (listed below).

Here is how “Parameter with Voice” works:

Param. with Voice (Parameter with Voice)

Determines whether or not the following parameter settings of the selected Voice are copied from the Voice to the current Part when you change a Voice for the current Part individually.
• Arpeggio settings
• Filter Cutoff Frequency
• Filter Resonance
• Amplitude EG
• Filter EG
• Pitch Bend Range (Upper/Lower)

Note: Note that the settings of the Portamento Switch, Portamento Time, Portamento Mode and Mono/Poly are not copied when the Drum Voice is assigned to the current Part. 

Same holds true for a Voice going into a PERFORMANCE:
Exactly the same routine except that for a PERFORMANCE… and of course, all PARTS of a Performance automatically recall their DUAL INSERTION EFFECTS from Voice mode. (System Effects, Master Effects and Master EQ are not brought along they are shared by all PARTS)

Press [EDIT]
Press the PART [1]-[4] button to select the PART you want to edit
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
the rest is exactly the same - set PARAMETER WITH VOICE to ON and then select (or reselect) you Voice for that PART and all its attributes will be copied immediately. 

And finally, if you would like to use the SYSTEM EFFECT (that is, the Reverb and Chorus), Master Effects, and/or the Master EQ for a particular Voice as the SYSTEM EFFECTS shared by all Voices in the Performance or in the SONG/PATTERN Mixing setup… then you can use a separate COPY function.

In SONG/PATTERN mode this is found as follows:
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF2] VOICE
Select the PART that currently contains the VOICE whose attributes you wish to COPY, check the attributes you wish to import.
Press [ENTER] to execute.

It is the same thing for PERFORMANCE mode as well.

Image Attachments
ParamWVceOn.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 05:18 PM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

It’s all so annoyingly logical after you tell us how to do it!

Once again - thank you.

B

PS are you using the “choose file” button below the reply-editor to post attachments? Although it allows me to browse and the file name is inserted, the attachment is never posted Can’t get it to work here on several systems. Mac/PC different browsers etc

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 06:23 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, I am. But there seems to be some limit on the size of the image (and I’m not talking about the MAX File size, but the size of the image… Dimensions: height x width) because I am sometimes able to post an image and other times cannot. It is always the larger screen shots, like from the Editor, that do not make it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 07:56 PM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

Deleted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 07:57 PM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

Deleted - apologies!