mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "question on saving and loading"

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
dream2u2@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  35
Joined  12-30-2008

newbie still not understanding the concept...ok this is what i want to know..on the usb stick i got all the new xpanded sounds..if i dont load them into the user banks will thye overwrite the original programs, etc...then once i turn off motiff will they be lost or will i have to reload everytime?..sort of confused and cant find my manual...i guess what i am asking also is if i change any of the originals programs will they return when powering back up or do i lose them...or do i have to save then restore them?..i hope u can understand what i am saying..i wnat the originals and i know the xpanded sounds will load into the user section..but what if they cross over into the orignals?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

The User Voice Banks in the XS are copies of Preset Voices.  This was done so you could load new sound libraries in to the XS without losing anything.

So you can load the XSpanded libraries (Bank 1,2, and 3) into the Motif XS without losing anything at all from the Preset Voices.

If you have written your own Voices, you should back up your Voices to a USB stick ( either as an All file or an All Voice file) before loading the XSpanded libaries. 

If you are trying to make a combined file of the three XSpanded banks (which we will be putting up hopefully today anyway), here is how to do it.

Load the Xspanded Sample Bank 1 as an All file, then load the XSpanded Sample Bank 2 to User Bank 2 by using the load Voice function ( not all Voice) and instead of selecting a single Voice number , at the end after 128 select All.  This will load all the voices from the bank into User bank 2 as well as the samples needed.  Then do the same thing with XSpanded Sample Bank 3 , but load these to USer Bank 3. 

If you then save this as an ALL file , you will have all the new sounds and all your preset Voices as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Assignable Functions
Next Topic:

ARP AND TEMPO W/ MPC ››