mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MY XS RACK MUST BE DEFECTIVE…….."

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 02:46 PM
yaydiddy
Total Posts:  13
Joined  09-25-2008

I have a question, if i plug some sterio monitor head phones into the head phone jack and press the audition buttion (and yes the audition button is set to audition I’ve checked) i should be able to hear sound from the rack right????? I mean regardless of if i have monitors hooked up in the back, or an audio interface hooked up, or a midi cintroller hooked up, if i simply plug some studio monitor head phones up and press audition i should hear whatever instrument im auditioning back through my head phones right. please let me know what im doing wrong.

thanks in advance

P.S.
im connected to my computer via firewire if that helps at all.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 04:27 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

It should work. With nothing connected but the power cord and headphones in the front jack, and the Audition button set for ‘audition sw’, pressing the audition button causes output to the headphones.

You’ll want to unplug your Firewire connection and restart the Rack first.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 06:26 PM
yaydiddy
Joined  09-25-2008

ok thanks for the rep[y, but as of right now i’ve unpluged my firewire cord and i restarted my rack, all i have connected is the power cord and the headphones and im still not getting any sound is there something else i could be doing wrong????????

P.S. and yes i did double check to make sure that the audition switch is on audition sw and it is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 06:47 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

It works on my unit, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t on yours. Time for a service call I guess.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Try a factory reset..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 11:28 PM
yaydiddy
Joined  09-25-2008

WOW!!!!!!! thanks alot i did the factory reset and now i hear the sounds when i press the audition button but i havent tried it with cubase and the vst editor yet, thanks sooooo very much!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Importing .xov files in XS rack?
Next Topic:

No midi sound. Cubase SX3. Motif Rack XS. ››