mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assignable Functions"

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 12:29 PM
GatesHosting
Total Posts:  59
Joined  06-18-2007

I finally learned how to use the Assignable Functions in a Voice. I understand it’s used to turn on and off parts in voices. Is this ALL they are used for?

I love the functionality of them. It’s easier for me than trying to mute a part in a performance or voice. The right hand is usually busier.

Is there any way to use them in a performance to mute parts of a performance?

Basically, I use them for something like this. If you have any ideas that will help me utilize these functions and the keyboard, I would love to hear your input.

Funeral For a Friend has three basic sounds (Other than effects, etc.). So I set up one voice that has three parts (Synth Horns/Strings/Pad). All AF’s off, plays synth horns. AF1 on adds strings. AF2 adds pad. However, I had to create a voice specificly to only work when AF1 is on. My worry is, I may use the same sound for 10 songs, but now can only use it for this one and have to make a copy for another song. Just doesn’t seem the way to go. But it is easy for me.

Thanks for reading! Sorry if I sound like a first grader. I have sinus infeaction and the entire right side of my face hurts!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustaining notes using 2nd keyboard
Next Topic:

question on saving and loading ››