mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why do some imported wav files not work with the XS?"

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 12:44 PM
Total Posts:  47
Joined  09-04-2008

Configuration:
Motif XS8

I have imported wav files that generate no sound after they are added to a voice element.  I have used wav files that are internal to the XS that work just fine.

Question:
Why do some wav files fail to generate a sound and others work fine?  I am concluding that all wav files are not created equal. 

What are the rules for a properly formated wav file?  That is a wav file that will work with the XS.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

Wav files can have many different formats. The Wav file is only a container, it can contain waveforms of 8,16,24 bits, at almost any frequency.

Check the format of the file you are trying to load into the XS. It should be 16 bit and 44.100 hertz or less.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
Joined  09-04-2008

Thanks dorremifasol - What tool do you use to view the wav file format?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 03:01 PM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

In case that you use Windows, you can check the format of .WAV files in the explorer. Just click the file, press the right mouse button and click the option name “properties” (or the key combination ALT+ENTER, by the way).

A window will be shown with 3 tabs. The last one may have an option named “advanced options”. Check it and the information you request will be shown. Since my windows are in Spanish I don’t know what’s the options’s real name in English, I’m just guessing.

Of course you can also use one of the many freeware audio editors available, for example Wavosaur.

http://www.wavosaur.com/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 03:35 PM
Joined  09-04-2008

“Properties!”

I should have thought of that!

Thank you again, and thank you for the URL to Wavosaur!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Maintaining a network connection
Next Topic:

A little bug on motifator forum ››