mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Maintaining a network connection"

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 12:39 PM
Total Posts:  47
Joined  09-04-2008

Configuration:
Motif XS8
Windows XP PC

I patched the XS from the ethernet port to a network switch.
I patched the PC from it’s ethernet port to the network switch.
I configured the XS on the [Utility]->[Network] screen for DHCP and I have obtained an IP address.
I have successfully configured the [File]->[Mount] screen with a host name and sharing point.

Question:
If I power off the XS and power back on, the sharing point is lost.  Is there a way to save the host, ID, password and share point so it is reestablished each time the XS is powered up?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 10:48 AM
Total Posts:  47
Joined  09-04-2008

Thank you Aastudio.

I have used the [store] option and the network information this does maintain the network connection information.

The information that does not remain after a shutdown / startup is the mapping to the shared folder.  This is the “host” name, the PC ID and password and the identifier for the shared folder.

Does anyone know if this information can be saved in the XS?  The USB drive seems to be an advantage over the ethernet connection because the access is faster (i.e. there is no need to remap the connection to a USB drive).

Thanks

[ Ignore ]